Model and actress Cara Delevingne and Olivier Award-winning actor Luke Treadaway have been announced as the newest additions to the cast of Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club. Delevingne will take on the iconic role of Sally Bowles, while Treadaway will portray The Emcee. The production, set to run from 11 March to 1 June, has generated great excitement as Delevingne makes her stage debut.
Delevingne expressed her enthusiasm about returning home and playing such a renowned character, inspired by the talented actors who have portrayed Sally in previous productions. She joins an esteemed cast and production, eager to be part of this acclaimed West End show.
Treadaway, an Olivier Award winner known for his role in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, shared his thrill at becoming a member of the Kit Kat Club and joining the extraordinary production. He is excited to embark on this new challenge.
The Kit Kat Club cast also includes Michael Ahomka-Lindsay as Clifford Bradshaw, Beverley Klein as Fraulein Schneider, Teddy Kempner as Herr Schultz, and Nic Myers as Sally Bowles once a week. The talented ensemble brings the beloved characters to life.
The creative team behind Cabaret includes Rebecca Frecknall as director, Tom Scutt as set and costume designer, Julia Cheng as choreographer, Jennifer Whyte as musical supervisor, Ben Ferguson as musical director, Isabella Byrd as lighting designer, and Nick Lidster as sound designer.
Cabaret features well-known songs such as “Wilkommen,” “Don’t Tell Mama,” “Mein Herr,” and “Money,” among others. With music by John Kander, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and a book by Joe Masteroff, the musical is based on the play by John Van Druten and the stories by Christopher Isherwood.
For those interested, the Broadway production starring Eddie Redmayne and Gayle Rankin will open at the Kit Kat Club at the August Wilson Theatre in April.
- BJP Announces First List of Candidates for Lok Sabha Elections 2024
- Kevin James Reflects on Comedy Career Milestones in New Stand-Up Special
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 9 Rocket with Starlink Satellites
- Sunrise Hosts Surprise Dedicated Volunteer with Backyard Makeover
- USWNT Secures Victory Against Colombia in Concacaf W Gold Cup Quarterfinal Match
- Ryan Garcia Challenges Jake Paul to Historic Fight After Winning Bout
- Power Outage Hits Perth’s Northern Suburbs Due to Weather Conditions
- Chaos Erupts as Armed Gangs Storm Haitian Prison, Releasing Thousands of Inmates
- Extreme Cold Warning Issued for Cochrane as Wind Chills Reach -40 Degrees
- NRL Vegas Clash Sparks Field Goal Controversy in Roosters vs Broncos Game
- The Veronicas Announce US Tour After a Decade, Discuss New Music and Tour Stories
- Arkansas Grapples with Daylight Saving Time Dilemma
- Ayesha Curry Announces Fourth Pregnancy, Welcoming Another Addition to Curry Family
- Warriors and Celtics Gear Up for Epic Rematch in Red-Hot Showdown
- Record Participation at 2024 TTP Cambridge Half Marathon
- Teddy Swims Announces Anticipated ‘I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour’ in New Zealand and Australia
- Women Making Strides: ACT Public Service Celebrates International Women’s Day
- Philadelphia 76ers at Dallas Mavericks: Doncic and Maxey to Clash in Cross-Conference Showdown
- Warriors vs. Celtics: NBA Showdown Looms as Eastern Conference Leaders Seek 11th Consecutive Victory
- Legendary ESPN Sportscaster Chris Mortensen Passes Away at 72