Nigeria Loses Afrobeats Star Mohbad at 27
The Nigerian music industry is in mourning following the untimely death of rising Afrobeats star Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, professionally known as Mohbad. The 27-year-old singer was confirmed dead on September 12, 2023, under mysterious circumstances.
Mohbad was born on June 6, 1996, in Lagos, Nigeria. He began his music career in 2017, releasing a number of singles that gained him a following in the underground music scene. In 2020, he signed a record deal with Marlian Records, owned by popular Nigerian singer Naira Marley.
Mohbad’s breakthrough came in 2021 with the release of his hit single “Pariwo.” The song became a viral sensation, and Mohbad quickly became one of the most popular Afrobeats artists in the country. He went on to release other hit songs such as “Ask About Me,” “Peace,” and “Feel Good.”
Mohbad’s death has sent shockwaves through the Nigerian music industry. Many artists and fans have paid tribute to him, praising his talent and his contributions to Afrobeats music.
However, the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death have also raised questions and concerns. Some people have speculated that his death may be linked to his recent feud with his former record label, Marlian Records. In August 2023, Mohbad accused Marlian Records of assault and battery. He also claimed that the label was preventing him from releasing new music.
The police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death. No arrests have been made at this time.
Mohbad’s death is a tragic loss for the Nigerian music industry. He was a talented young artist with a bright future ahead of him. He will be deeply missed by his fans and colleagues alike.
- Gospel Artist Moses Bliss Marries Ghanaian Fiancée Marie in Court Wedding
- Yahoo Mail App Experiences Widespread Outage, Users Struggle to Access Accounts
- Tom Daley Writes Heartfelt Open Letter to Husband Following Court Case Saga
- Bill Gates Visits Maa Mangla Basti in Bhubaneswar, Interacts with Residents
- Star-Studded Screening: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies Draws Bollywood Celebrities
- Kieran Trippier Addresses Bayern Munich Transfer Rumors in BBC Interview
- Melbourne Demons Shine in Pre-Season Showdown Against Carlton Blues
- Tasmania JackJumpers, Illawarra Hawks, and Sydney Kings Set for NBL Play-In Showdowns
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory