The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sent a notice to the Madhya Pradesh government following a series of explosions at an Aatishbazi factory in the outer regions of Harda district on February 6. The incident resulted in the death of approximately 11 individuals and left around 200 others injured.
The impact of the blasts was felt several kilometers around the factory premises. Allegedly, viral videos depict the bodies of the victims scattered on roads and fields.
The NHRC has acknowledged the content of a media report, and if true, it constitutes a violation of human rights. Accordingly, it has demanded a detailed report within four weeks, including the status of the FIR, updates on the health and medical treatment provided to the blast victims and their families, as well as information on the actions taken against the culpable and negligent officials and measures to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
According to a media report dated February 7, 2024, the factory consisted of 32 halls filled with explosives, mostly containing firecrackers. When the explosions occurred, there were more than 200 people working in the factory, with around 70 individuals on the morning shift. The factory had previously been under scrutiny due to some illegal activities. It had faced an order for closure in 2022 after the deaths of two workers in an explosion, and the owner was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment in 2021 but had challenged the order.
- Michigan State Looks to Continue NCAA Tournament Streak Against Ohio State in Big Ten Matchup
- LA Galaxy Defeated in Preseason Match Against FC Miami City in La Manga Tournament
- Lily Gladstone Makes History with SAG Award Win for Best Actress
- Late Penalty Equalizer Secures Draw for PSG Against Rennes
- Porto Held to a 1-1 Draw by Gil Vicente After Late Equaliser
- Thrilling Finish as Suarez Edges Out Busch and Blaney in NASCAR Cup Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Canadian Actor Chris Gauthier Passes Away at 48, Remembered Fondly by Colleagues
- Rookie Golfer Jake Knapp Clinches First PGA Tour Win at Mexico Open
- Calgary Flames 2024 Rebuild Showing Remarkable Progress from 2013
- Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses Highlights Importance of Fast Start to NRL Season
- Former NFL Star Cam Newton Involved in Altercation at Youth Football Camp in Atlanta
- Succession: Exploring Logan Roy’s Most Memorable Moments in HBO’s Hit Drama
- Chris Chelios’ Emotional Jersey Retirement Ceremony at United Center
- Ottawa Sens Foundation Program Introduces Kids to Ice Skating at Canadian Tire Centre
- Truman Capote’s Literary Legacy: A Closer Look at His Iconic Works
- Phoenix Suns Look to Extend Home Winning Streak Against LA Lakers in Pacific Division Showdown
- Star Trek Actor Kenneth Mitchell Dies at 49 After Battling ALS for Over Five Years
- Navigating Freelance Taxation: Essential Tips for New Freelancers in 2024
- Ottawa Senators’ Chabot Excels on the Ice Against Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pennsylvania’s Pine Creek Gorge: The State’s Hidden Gem