Taxi drivers in Marseille are preparing for a strike and protest on September 23rd. The drivers’ union is strongly opposing the recently announced plans to impose a cap on taxi fares from the airport and three other key locations, effective from January 2024.
The timing of the protest is notable, as it coincides with the visit of Pope Francis to Marseille. The Pope is scheduled to hold a mass in the Velodrome Stadium at 16:45, and the taxi drivers’ union has purposely chosen this time to stage their demonstration.
Authorities have been alerted to the planned protest, and they are warning citizens about potential disruptions. According to local officials, the taxi drivers will organize a go-slow convoy from Marseille-Provence airport (MRS) to the city center, causing possible traffic congestion along the way.
It is expected that taxi drivers from Aix-en-Provence will also participate in the protest, which could result in more than 1,000 taxis taking part in the action. Due to the demonstration, access to private hire vehicles will be limited, and it is anticipated that traffic will be heavily affected throughout Marseille.
To minimize disruptions, authorities are likely to deploy an increased number of police officers during the protest. Additionally, it is predicted that there will be a surge in demand for public transportation, as individuals seek alternative means of travel.
Travelers should be prepared for potential delays and consider alternative forms of transport as a precaution. It is advisable to follow instructions and guidance from authorities to ensure a safe and smooth journey during this time of protest.
- Bill Gates Visits Maa Mangla Basti in Bhubaneswar, Interacts with Residents
- Star-Studded Screening: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies Draws Bollywood Celebrities
- Kieran Trippier Addresses Bayern Munich Transfer Rumors in BBC Interview
- Melbourne Demons Shine in Pre-Season Showdown Against Carlton Blues
- Tasmania JackJumpers, Illawarra Hawks, and Sydney Kings Set for NBL Play-In Showdowns
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory
- Tuck School of Business Embraces Encouraging Criteria in Admissions Approach
- Leicester City Progress to Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Finals After Victory Against AFC Bournemouth
- Elderly Man Shot in Sydney Office Building, Alleged Shooter in Custody