In 2023, the Tesla Model Y is set to become even more popular in Canada. Following the strategy used for other models in the Tesla lineup, the Model Y has received a price drop, specifically for the all-wheel drive version. The price has been reduced by $4000, bringing the initial price down to $65,988.
This new pricing strategy was unveiled on the morning of February 2nd and makes the Model Y all-wheel drive model a more affordable option for Canadian buyers. With the price now starting at $63,990, it falls below the maximum threshold for eligibility for the Quebec government’s electric vehicle rebate program, which offers a $7000 financial incentive.
This means that buyers can now benefit from a total discount of $12,000, applied after taxes. Combining the new eligibility for the provincial rebate and the price reduction from the manufacturer, the all-wheel drive Model Y is now over $10,000 cheaper for Quebec residents than it was yesterday.
In addition to the price drop, Tesla has also made some changes to the available colors for the Model Y. The night grey metallic color has been replaced with stealth grey, and the multi-coat red has been changed to ultra red, offering customers some new options.
The rear-wheel drive version of the Model Y remains at the same price of $55,988, while the Performance version is still priced at $76,288. Due to the price structure, the rear-wheel drive model is eligible for all rebates, while the Performance version does not qualify for any.
Tesla’s aggressive pricing strategy has positioned the Model Y as a leader in the compact electric SUV category, surpassing the competition. Other models like the Nissan Ariya and the Kia EV6 have significantly higher price tags, making the Model Y an even more attractive option.
- BJP President JP Nadda Resigns from Himachal Pradesh Rajya Sabha Seat and Continues from Gujarat
- Inter Maintain Dominance with Victory Over Genoa
- Empowering Events for Women’s History Month Celebrations at University
- Former United Nations Official Calls for Immediate Action on Climate Change
- Garry Monk Appointed as Cambridge United Head Coach on Long-term Contract
- FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano Dies at 62; Guided Key Investigations During Career
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal