About 185,000 PG&E customers in the Bay Area were still without power by noon Monday, following a weekend storm that battered the region. The number of customers affected continues to decline as crews work diligently to repair downed wires and damaged equipment.
The South Bay currently has the highest number of outages, with 64,239 customers affected. In the North Bay, there are 59,280 customers without power, while the Peninsula has 38,730 affected customers. The East Bay has 16,709 outages, and in San Francisco, 6,139 customers remain without power, according to PG&E.
As of Monday afternoon, nearly 50,000 PG&E customers were still experiencing power outages across the Central Coast. Santa Cruz County had around 22,000 customers affected, Monterey County had over 27,300 customers in the dark, and San Benito County had just 19 customers without power. The storm also resulted in several road closures, including portions of Highway 9 and Highway 35 in Santa Cruz County, Highway 1 in Big Sur, and other local roads.
To provide assistance to those without power, PG&E has set up Resource Centers in various locations, including Asilomar Conference Center Social Hall, Monterey Public Library, and County of Monterey Seaside Library. Additionally, several schools were closed due to power outages and storm damage, affecting students in Pacific Grove Unified and San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District.
All evacuation warnings and orders have been lifted for Monterey County, allowing residents to return home safely. However, Shelter in Place orders are still in effect for areas of Arroyo Seco to the west of Carmel Valley Road.
- Bill Gates Visits Maa Mangla Basti in Bhubaneswar, Interacts with Residents
- Star-Studded Screening: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies Draws Bollywood Celebrities
- Kieran Trippier Addresses Bayern Munich Transfer Rumors in BBC Interview
- Melbourne Demons Shine in Pre-Season Showdown Against Carlton Blues
- Tasmania JackJumpers, Illawarra Hawks, and Sydney Kings Set for NBL Play-In Showdowns
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory
- Tuck School of Business Embraces Encouraging Criteria in Admissions Approach
- Leicester City Progress to Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Finals After Victory Against AFC Bournemouth
- Elderly Man Shot in Sydney Office Building, Alleged Shooter in Custody