The Sundays River Valley local municipality was rocked by two serious incidents involving school pupils on Thursday. At Moses Mabida Senior Secondary School in Kirkwood, at least 18 pupils aged 13-18 were admitted to the Sundays Valley Hospital after collapsing. The cause behind this sudden illness and collapsing is currently being investigated by the environmental health unit of the Sarah Baartman district municipality.
In another unfortunate incident on the same day, a scholar transport vehicle carrying students from Samkelwe Senior Secondary School in Addo collided with a train, resulting in the death of a 15-year-old pupil and serious injuries to two others. The driver of the vehicle also lost their life in the accident.
Sundays River Valley mayor, Solethu Lucas, expressed shock and sympathy for those affected. He assured that the police are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding these tragic incidents and will be liaising with all relevant parties involved.
This troubling news has deeply affected the community and the families of the victims, particularly the bereaved. The local authorities are doing everything possible to provide support to those in need during this difficult time.
- USWNT Secures Victory Against Colombia in Concacaf W Gold Cup Quarterfinal Match
- Ryan Garcia Challenges Jake Paul to Historic Fight After Winning Bout
- Power Outage Hits Perth’s Northern Suburbs Due to Weather Conditions
- Chaos Erupts as Armed Gangs Storm Haitian Prison, Releasing Thousands of Inmates
- Extreme Cold Warning Issued for Cochrane as Wind Chills Reach -40 Degrees
- NRL Vegas Clash Sparks Field Goal Controversy in Roosters vs Broncos Game
- The Veronicas Announce US Tour After a Decade, Discuss New Music and Tour Stories
- Arkansas Grapples with Daylight Saving Time Dilemma
- Ayesha Curry Announces Fourth Pregnancy, Welcoming Another Addition to Curry Family
- Warriors and Celtics Gear Up for Epic Rematch in Red-Hot Showdown
- Record Participation at 2024 TTP Cambridge Half Marathon
- Teddy Swims Announces Anticipated ‘I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour’ in New Zealand and Australia
- Women Making Strides: ACT Public Service Celebrates International Women’s Day
- Philadelphia 76ers at Dallas Mavericks: Doncic and Maxey to Clash in Cross-Conference Showdown
- Warriors vs. Celtics: NBA Showdown Looms as Eastern Conference Leaders Seek 11th Consecutive Victory
- Legendary ESPN Sportscaster Chris Mortensen Passes Away at 72
- Jemma Reekie Reflects on Silver Medal at World Indoor Championships
- Western Force to Face Queensland Country in Southern Lions Rugby Festival
- FC Barcelona Secure Victory over Logroño in Liga ASOBAL Clash
- Liverpool’s Trophy Success: A Decade of Triumph and Smart Spending