Veteran actress, Ethel Ekpe, known for her iconic role as ‘Segi’ in the popular Nigerian sitcom ‘Basi and Company‘, has sadly passed away in Lagos State. The talented actress lost her battle against cancer on Wednesday.
Ethel Ekpe, also recognized for her appearances in Amaka Igwe’s ‘Forever‘ and ‘Sons of the Caliphate‘, left a remarkable impression on the Nigerian entertainment industry. Her ability to bring characters to life and captivate audiences will be greatly missed.
The news of her demise was confirmed by Dr. Shaibu Husseini, the Director-General of the National Film and Video Censors Board, who shared the heartbreaking announcement on Facebook. Expressing his sadness, Dr. Husseini described Ethel Ekpe as a screen beauty and a talented actress whose performance as Segi in ‘Basi and Company’ will forever be cherished by fans.
Ethel Ekpe’s contribution to Nollywood extended beyond her acting career. She later became a pastor, emphasizing her multifaceted talents and dedication to spirituality.
Throughout her illustrious career, Ethel Ekpe touched the hearts of many through her charismatic roles. Her impact on Nigerian television and film industry will never be forgotten.
Our condolences go out to her family, friends, and fans during this difficult time. Ethel Ekpe’s legacy will live on in the memories of those who were inspired by her work, and her absence will be deeply felt.
- Monica Lewinsky Champions Voting Rights and Fashion in Reformation Campaign
- Tom Brady Shows Off Muscles in Popeye Shirt Amid Recent Reports of Ex-Wife’s Relationship
- Burna Boy Pays Tribute to Sidhu Moose Wala During Toronto Show
- Kaiser Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Album Release and UK Tour Announced
- Stock Market Update: Tata Steel, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints in Focus Ahead of Trading Session
- Community Protests Bullying Following Tragic Death of Nex Benedict
- UNC’s RJ Davis Scores Career-High 42 Points in Victory Against Miami
- Scott Morrison Reflects on Leadership Legacy in Final Speech to Parliament
- Bitcoin Surges to 27-Month High Amid Unprecedented Bullish Factors
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO: Key Details Investors Should Know Before Subscribing
- The Voice Coaches Steal the Show in Epic Four-Chair Turn Battle
- Bitcoin Surges to Highest Value Since November 2021 on Unprecedented Positive Factors
- Rising Cases of Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Prompt Urgent Calls for Improved Care in NHS
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Draft Strategy Revealed Through Recent Successes
- Norovirus Cases Rising Across the Country: Health Officials Warn of Contagious Outbreak
- Fred Again. Sells Out Surprise Show at Sydney Opera House After Teasing Fans Online
- Australian Idol 2024’s Ripley Alexander Making His Mark in the Music Scene
- Senator Ted Cruz Discusses Commerce and Economic Growth in Laredo Townhall Meeting
- Raptors Seek Third Consecutive Victory Against Pacers in Eastern Conference Showdown
- FA Cup Fifth-Round Matches Impact Premier League Fixtures and Fantasy Football Plans