Batik Air Malaysia, previously known as Malindo Airlines, has made the decision to suspend its flights between Adelaide and Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing operational constraints. This announcement comes after the airline launched its Adelaide-Kuala Lumpur route in July 2023, with flights operating three times a week. A spokesperson from Adelaide Airport confirmed that the last Batik Air Malaysia flight arrived in Adelaide on February 8, marking the temporary end of this service.
The suspension of the Adelaide-Kuala Lumpur route has left passengers disappointed, many of whom were surprised by the high number of travelers on the final flight. Matthew Conahan, a passenger on one of the last flights, expressed his frustration at the suspension but acknowledged the challenges faced by airlines operating in smaller cities like Adelaide.
Adelaide Airport Managing Director, Brenton Cox, initially highlighted the potential of the Malaysia market for Adelaide’s travel industry. However, the decision to suspend flights indicates the current operational difficulties faced by Batik Air Malaysia.
In a related development, Batik Indonesia, a sister airline within the Lion Air Group, has announced a reduction in its Adelaide-Bali flights. The frequency of these flights will be cut from four to two services per week. The airline stated that it is common to decrease flight frequencies to Indonesia during this time of year, despite the significant number of South Australians who traveled to Bali last year.
Batik Air Malaysia had also launched seasonal flights between Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur in December 2023, operating three times a week.
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions