Six-time major winner Boris Becker has announced his decision to step down as the coach of Danish tennis player Holger Rune, citing personal and professional commitments. The former world No. 1 returned to the tennis circuit last October to mentor Rune, who is currently ranked No. 7 in the world.
Becker expressed that their partnership initially aimed to qualify for the ATP Finals last year, and although they achieved that goal, he realized that he would need to dedicate more time to Rune to ensure their success. However, due to various personal and professional obligations, Becker is unable to provide the level of commitment required, leading to his resignation.
In a post on his social media account, Becker conveyed his well-wishes to Rune and assured him of his continued support. He stated, ‘I wish him only the very best, and I’m always going to be his number one fan. I truly appreciated this journey together.’ Despite his departure, Becker’s impact on Rune’s career will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression on the young Danish talent.
Boris Becker, a three-time Wimbledon champion, previously coached Novak Djokovic from 2013 to 2016. However, his return to the tennis world has not been without its challenges. In December 2022, Becker was released from a British prison after serving eight months of a 2½-year sentence for concealing financial assets following his bankruptcy declaration. This legal situation has restricted him from entering the UK, adding further complications to his coaching career.
- Banyana Banyana Coach Urges Caution Ahead of Olympic Qualifier Second Leg Against Tanzania
- Miss SA Natasha Joubert Partners with Boston City Campus to Gift 31 Students Educational Opportunities
- Pokémon Company Announces Major Updates and New Games on Pokémon Day
- Clint Eastwood’s Career-Changing Role in A Fistful of Dollars Garnered International Stardom
- The Pokémon Company Unveils Exciting Updates on Pokémon Day 2024
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami’s Wealth Exceeds Rs 55 Crore with Lavish Properties and Contracts
- Ruben Neves Reveals Near Miss Move to Barcelona Before Al-Hilal Switch
- Mexico Stuns USWNT in W Gold Cup Upset
- Disastrous Willy’s Chocolate Experience Leaves Families Disappointed in Glasgow
- BBC Apologizes for Mishandling Huw Edwards Complaint, Promises Improved Procedures
- D2L Forges Strategic Partnerships with ASAE and Association Forum to Enhance Member Engagement
- Rajya Sabha Polls: BJP Claims Majority as Cross-Voting Reported in Himachal Pradesh
- Sidhu Moosewala’s Mother Charan Kaur Expecting Baby at 58: Considerations for Late IVF Pregnancy
- Prince William Unexpectedly Pulls Out of Memorial Service for Former King Constantine of Greece
- Blowing Snow Advisory Hits Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba: Hazardous Travel Expected
- Gender Pay Gap in Australian Finance Sector Revealed by Investment Bank Reports
- Qantas Flight Attendant’s Heartwarming Act of Kindness on Final Flight Touches Passengers and Crewmates
- Controversial Call Mars Knicks Victory over Pistons: Coach Monty Williams Unleashes Frustration
- Emmanuel Macron Considers Sending Western Troops to Ukraine: Reactions and Criticisms
- Collingwood Dominates Richmond in Pre-Season Clash with Late Injury Scare for Tigers’ Jack Graham