James Anderson, the veteran England pace bowler, has created history by becoming the oldest pace bowler to play a Test match on Indian soil. At the age of 41 years and 187 days, Anderson achieved this remarkable feat during the second Test against India at the YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam.
In breaking this long-standing record, Anderson surpassed the legendary Indian cricketer Lala Amarnath, who had held the distinction as the oldest pacer to play a Test in India since 1952. Amarnath was 41 years and 92 days old when he played his final Test match against Pakistan at Eden Gardens.
Before Anderson and Amarnath, the list of oldest pacers to play Test cricket in India included notable names such as Ray Lindwall, Shute Banerjee, and Ghulam Guard, who made significant contributions before the cricketing landscape transformed in 1961.
With this achievement, Anderson also secured his place as the fifth oldest player to participate in a Test match in India. The record for the oldest player in a Test in India belongs to Zimbabwe’s John Traicos, who played at the age of 45 years and 304 days in 1993.
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal
- Spanish Woman Gang-Raped in Jharkhand Sparks Outrage and Calls for Stronger Safety Measures for Tourists
- OKC Thunder Sticking to Their Unconventional Identity
- Denver Broncos Release Russell Wilson After Disappointing Stint
- Ozzy Osbourne on the Evolution of Heavy Metal: A Mentor’s Perspective
- Reality TV Star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Shake Things Up in Celebrity Big Brother 2024
- Coronation Street Actor Colson Smith Enters Celebrity Big Brother House