Although endless possibilities exist to make the most of the 366 days in 2024, things feel different. This year feels like a continuation of last year, so I’m not working to reinvent myself. Instead, I’m keeping up the momentum I ended last year with.
I’ve seen on how January doesn’t give a rush but preparation. I think of my recent trips to the gym, where few people are trying to accomplish their new fitness goals. Everything instead is focused on consistency and shifting away from needing to have it all together and achieve everything at once.
This year, I’m on a new level of adulting. I survived the trial and error of 2023 and remain grateful for the health and prosperity I experienced. Although it might be a new year, my goals are the same. I will continue to focus on my financial, physical, spiritual, and professional growth. I’m committed to continually evolving, realizing that I have my whole life to figure things out and see the perfect story weaved together instead of being done in a year.
I do notice the challenge of seeing that there is resistance while maintaining habits and routines. Things have gotten easier over time, but there’s a lot of pushing through when I don’t desire to wake up at 6 a.m. to start my morning with prayer, go to the gym after a long work day, or edit social media content in my free time.
With the challenges, I am so excited for this new year of adulting. I’m developing a better sense of self – my frontal lobe forming is in full effect – I’m seeing new people brought into my life to form the community I have desperately longed for in this city. I’m practicing discernment and wisdom in every area of my life. I’m also in my hosting era and being intentional with creating a safe space.
Ultimately, the focus is to live a quiet and peaceful life, working with my hands, pursuing new experiences, maintaining systems, and continuing to figure things out. I’m excited for this new year and all I have to share in this column.
- Late Penalty Equalizer Secures Draw for PSG Against Rennes
- Porto Held to a 1-1 Draw by Gil Vicente After Late Equaliser
- Thrilling Finish as Suarez Edges Out Busch and Blaney in NASCAR Cup Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Canadian Actor Chris Gauthier Passes Away at 48, Remembered Fondly by Colleagues
- Rookie Golfer Jake Knapp Clinches First PGA Tour Win at Mexico Open
- Calgary Flames 2024 Rebuild Showing Remarkable Progress from 2013
- Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses Highlights Importance of Fast Start to NRL Season
- Former NFL Star Cam Newton Involved in Altercation at Youth Football Camp in Atlanta
- Succession: Exploring Logan Roy’s Most Memorable Moments in HBO’s Hit Drama
- Chris Chelios’ Emotional Jersey Retirement Ceremony at United Center
- Ottawa Sens Foundation Program Introduces Kids to Ice Skating at Canadian Tire Centre
- Truman Capote’s Literary Legacy: A Closer Look at His Iconic Works
- Phoenix Suns Look to Extend Home Winning Streak Against LA Lakers in Pacific Division Showdown
- Star Trek Actor Kenneth Mitchell Dies at 49 After Battling ALS for Over Five Years
- Navigating Freelance Taxation: Essential Tips for New Freelancers in 2024
- Ottawa Senators’ Chabot Excels on the Ice Against Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pennsylvania’s Pine Creek Gorge: The State’s Hidden Gem
- Former TV Presenter and Flight Attendant Feared Dead in Alleged Shooting Incident
- Late Ramos Penalty Earns PSG Dramatic Draw Against Rennes
- Divine Watch: God’s Vigilance in Every Action By His People