Could that be changing soon?
2024 forward/center Derik Queen should be announcing in less than three weeks. Queen is targeting an announcement around Feb. 1. We continue to believe Indiana is in as good of a position as anyone, with Maryland, Houston, and Kansas still involved to varying degrees.
Queen and his Montverde Academy teammate, IU signee Liam McNeeley, will play on ESPN2 this weekend. Montverde plays Prolific Prep at 7:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
Indiana is also still looking for guards in its 2024 recruiting class.
Perhaps the most interesting recent development is the news current 2025 guard Mikel Brown could reclassify to 2024. He was born in April 2006, so 2024 is his natural class. Brown is a consensus top-35 point guard who attends Overtime Elite.
When we the told The Daily Hoosier, IU was in regular contact, and we understand that to still be the case. Brown told us he was very impressed with Jalen Hood-Schifino’s season in Bloomington.
Rivals’ Rob Cassidy reported Brown has mentioned Alabama, Indiana, Texas, Providence, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and UCF as schools to watch. A visit to IU by Brown would be the key milestone to monitor.
2024 point guard Daquan Davis, who like Queen is from Baltimore and they are friends, is still a possibility. Indiana continues to monitor the Overtime Elite product. Davis said Indiana is one of the main schools he is in contact with.
Playing against high-end competition at Overtime Elite, Davis is averaging 17.4 points, 5.8 assists, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 34.7 percent from three. Alabama and Texas A&M are two other schools involved.
Despite his recent visit to IU for the Kansas game, we don’t expect 2024/25 wing Joson Sanon will end up at Indiana.
Last weekend we did a Gabe Weis in connection with his visit for the Ohio State game. Indiana offered Weis a scholarship during the visit. He’s just the third 2026 player to our knowledge IU has offered so far.
2025 5-star prospect Koa Peat published a top schools list this week and didn’t include Indiana. So you can cross him off your wish list. Indiana had offered a couple of years ago.
Indiana is a top contender for several 2025s including in-state guard Jalen Haralson, who now attends La Lumiere in northern Indiana. The 6-foot-7 Haralson is a consensus national top-12 prospect. Below are some highlights of the first half of the season. Haralson also has televised games this weekend as part of the Hoop Hall event.
- Monica Lewinsky Champions Voting Rights and Fashion in Reformation Campaign
- Tom Brady Shows Off Muscles in Popeye Shirt Amid Recent Reports of Ex-Wife’s Relationship
- Burna Boy Pays Tribute to Sidhu Moose Wala During Toronto Show
- Kaiser Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Album Release and UK Tour Announced
- Stock Market Update: Tata Steel, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints in Focus Ahead of Trading Session
- Community Protests Bullying Following Tragic Death of Nex Benedict
- UNC’s RJ Davis Scores Career-High 42 Points in Victory Against Miami
- Scott Morrison Reflects on Leadership Legacy in Final Speech to Parliament
- Bitcoin Surges to 27-Month High Amid Unprecedented Bullish Factors
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO: Key Details Investors Should Know Before Subscribing
- The Voice Coaches Steal the Show in Epic Four-Chair Turn Battle
- Bitcoin Surges to Highest Value Since November 2021 on Unprecedented Positive Factors
- Rising Cases of Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Prompt Urgent Calls for Improved Care in NHS
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Draft Strategy Revealed Through Recent Successes
- Norovirus Cases Rising Across the Country: Health Officials Warn of Contagious Outbreak
- Fred Again. Sells Out Surprise Show at Sydney Opera House After Teasing Fans Online
- Australian Idol 2024’s Ripley Alexander Making His Mark in the Music Scene
- Senator Ted Cruz Discusses Commerce and Economic Growth in Laredo Townhall Meeting
- Raptors Seek Third Consecutive Victory Against Pacers in Eastern Conference Showdown
- FA Cup Fifth-Round Matches Impact Premier League Fixtures and Fantasy Football Plans