Indian cricketer Prithvi Shaw has set his sights on guiding Mumbai to success in the Ranji Trophy following his comeback from injury. Shaw, who had been sidelined due to a knee injury sustained during his time in County cricket, recently displayed an outstanding performance for Mumbai against Bengal.
During the opening day of the four-day match against Chhattisgarh, Shaw impressed with a rapid century, reaching 159 runs off just 185 balls. His aggressive strokeplay reminded fans of his talent and potential on the field.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Shaw expressed his focus on the present moment, emphasizing his commitment to Mumbai’s Ranji Trophy campaign. He stated that he is not currently thinking about a return to the Indian national team, as his immediate goal is to contribute effectively to Mumbai’s pursuit of the prestigious domestic title.
Shaw admitted that getting back to batting after a five-month layoff due to injury felt somewhat unfamiliar initially. The young cricketer revealed that there were concerns about whether he could resume his aggressive batting style successfully. However, as he spent more time at the crease, his confidence grew, and he felt more comfortable.
The Indian cricketer noted that while there was a sense of strangeness when he initially resumed batting, he engaged in mental preparation and self-motivation to overcome any apprehensions. Shaw highlighted the importance of maintaining the right body language and mindset to tackle the challenges of returning to competitive cricket.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets