Lenny Kravitz, the legendary musician and actor, recently shared heartfelt sentiments about his late mother, Roxie Roker, in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE. Roker, best known for her role as Helen Willis on the classic sitcom The Jeffersons, passed away in 1995 from breast cancer. Kravitz revealed that watching old episodes of the show brings him solace and keeps his mother’s memory alive.
In the interview, Kravitz expressed how fortunate he is that Roker’s television career allows him to reconnect with her presence. He confessed, ‘When I need to, I’ll turn on The Jeffersons and watch her, and it does so much for me.’ Roker portrayed Helen Willis on the show for 11 seasons from 1975 to 1985. Kravitz emphasized how deeply he feels his mother’s spiritual presence even though they are physically separated.
Roker’s impact on Kravitz’s life extends beyond her on-screen fame. He describes her as the most exceptional human being he has ever known, highlighting her nonjudgmental nature and empathetic qualities. Although The Jeffersons was a significant part of her legacy, Kravitz remembers her as his heart and a gifted actress, mother, and empath who effortlessly balanced all three roles.
Lenny Kravitz’s relationship with his mother remained strong throughout his life, unlike his turbulent relationship with his father, Sly Kravitz, who was also a TV producer. While his father passed away in 2005, Kravitz cherishes the memories and lessons he learned from his mother, Roxie Roker.
Reflecting on Roker’s character, Kravitz shared a touching moment from her funeral where a fellow actor remarked, ‘If Roxie met the devil himself, she’d say to him, “What a lovely red suit.”‘
Lenny Kravitz thinks of his mother every day and recognizes the profound impact she has had on his life. He credits his success to her and all those who came before him.
- New Zealand Pace Legend Neil Wagner Retires from International Cricket
- aespa’s Karina Rumored to be Dating K-drama Star Lee Jae Wook
- Taylor Swift’s Father Accused of Assaulting Paparazzo in Sydney Wharf Incident
- Sydney Mardi Gras Police Controversy: Discussions Underway for Officers to March Out of Uniform
- Monica Lewinsky Champions Voting Rights and Fashion in Reformation Campaign
- Tom Brady Shows Off Muscles in Popeye Shirt Amid Recent Reports of Ex-Wife’s Relationship
- Burna Boy Pays Tribute to Sidhu Moose Wala During Toronto Show
- Kaiser Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Album Release and UK Tour Announced
- Stock Market Update: Tata Steel, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints in Focus Ahead of Trading Session
- Community Protests Bullying Following Tragic Death of Nex Benedict
- UNC’s RJ Davis Scores Career-High 42 Points in Victory Against Miami
- Scott Morrison Reflects on Leadership Legacy in Final Speech to Parliament
- Bitcoin Surges to 27-Month High Amid Unprecedented Bullish Factors
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO: Key Details Investors Should Know Before Subscribing
- The Voice Coaches Steal the Show in Epic Four-Chair Turn Battle
- Bitcoin Surges to Highest Value Since November 2021 on Unprecedented Positive Factors
- Rising Cases of Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Prompt Urgent Calls for Improved Care in NHS
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Draft Strategy Revealed Through Recent Successes
- Norovirus Cases Rising Across the Country: Health Officials Warn of Contagious Outbreak
- Fred Again. Sells Out Surprise Show at Sydney Opera House After Teasing Fans Online