Entrepreneurs Simon Hood and Charlene Mitchell-Hood, founders of Sooper Books, recently made headlines on the popular TV show Dragons' Den with their innovative children’s book streaming service. Their concept aims to revolutionize literacy both in the UK and US by offering engaging stories for kids and convenience for parents.
Originally inspired by their daughter Goldie, the Stratford-upon-Avon-based couple began creating short digital and audible stories. Their tales include whimsical characters like wibbly-wobbly aliens and a flying sheepdog.
Having occupied office space at Venture House since April 2022, Sooper Books has grown alongside the other small businesses in the area. Venture House, located on the Avenue Farm Industrial Estate in Stratford-upon-Avon, fosters a community hub atmosphere.
Despite the risks, on a whim, Simon and Charlene made a bold decision to ask for a minimal investment of £1 each from the Dragons. This unprecedented move was met with surprise and intrigue as all five dragons – Peter Jones, Touker Suleyman, Deborah Meaden, Steven Bartlett, and Sara Davies – accepted the deal.
Following their appearance on Dragons’ Den, Sooper Books experienced a surge in popularity. The couple’s unique pitch and groundbreaking deal resonated with viewers, leading to a significant increase in website traffic and investor interest.
Even after securing all five Dragons, Simon and Charlene are focused on the future. With new investors on board and a higher valuation for their business, Sooper Books is poised for further growth and innovation.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets