Deputy chief minister and rebel Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar targeted his 83-year-old uncle Sharad Pawar by alluding to his age and speaking about the ’emotional appeal of last election’. Without directly mentioning Sharad Pawar, Ajit Pawar asked Baramati voters to not fall prey to emotional appeals and consider the evocation of ‘last election’.
Ajit Pawar urged the locals to listen to him and vote for the Lok Sabha candidate he plans to announce in the coming days. He expressed that if people vote for his candidate, he can then tell Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the support received.
The NCP (Sharad Pawar camp) hit back at Ajit with party legislator Jitendra Awhad accusing him of crossing all limits of decency with his remarks. He mentioned Ajit Pawar’s alleged prayers for the death of Sharad Pawar and highlighted Sharad Pawar’s contributions to Maharashtra.
Sharad Pawar, who has remained undefeated in Assembly and Lok Sabha polls since the late 1960s, has stopped contesting Lok Sabha elections since 2014 and is currently a member of the Rajya Sabha. Baramati Lok Sabha constituency is being represented by his daughter Supriya Sule, who is set to contest the polls again.
With the Baramati seat likely to go to the Ajit Pawar camp in the seat-sharing between BJP-Shiv Sena-NCP alliance, the deputy chief minister has started preparing for his faction’s Lok Sabha plans from Pawar’s pocket borough.
- CUET UG 2024 Registration Opens: Apply Now for Common University Entrance Test
- RCB vs GG WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore Outplay Gujarat Giants with Convincing Win in WPL Match
- Banyana Banyana Coach Urges Caution Ahead of Olympic Qualifier Second Leg Against Tanzania
- Miss SA Natasha Joubert Partners with Boston City Campus to Gift 31 Students Educational Opportunities
- Pokémon Company Announces Major Updates and New Games on Pokémon Day
- Clint Eastwood’s Career-Changing Role in A Fistful of Dollars Garnered International Stardom
- The Pokémon Company Unveils Exciting Updates on Pokémon Day 2024
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami’s Wealth Exceeds Rs 55 Crore with Lavish Properties and Contracts
- Ruben Neves Reveals Near Miss Move to Barcelona Before Al-Hilal Switch
- Mexico Stuns USWNT in W Gold Cup Upset
- Disastrous Willy’s Chocolate Experience Leaves Families Disappointed in Glasgow
- BBC Apologizes for Mishandling Huw Edwards Complaint, Promises Improved Procedures
- D2L Forges Strategic Partnerships with ASAE and Association Forum to Enhance Member Engagement
- Rajya Sabha Polls: BJP Claims Majority as Cross-Voting Reported in Himachal Pradesh
- Sidhu Moosewala’s Mother Charan Kaur Expecting Baby at 58: Considerations for Late IVF Pregnancy
- Prince William Unexpectedly Pulls Out of Memorial Service for Former King Constantine of Greece
- Blowing Snow Advisory Hits Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba: Hazardous Travel Expected
- Gender Pay Gap in Australian Finance Sector Revealed by Investment Bank Reports
- Qantas Flight Attendant’s Heartwarming Act of Kindness on Final Flight Touches Passengers and Crewmates
- Controversial Call Mars Knicks Victory over Pistons: Coach Monty Williams Unleashes Frustration