Jharrel Jerome is a talented American actor, best known for his impressive performances in both film and television. With his exceptional acting skills and dedication, he has managed to achieve critical acclaim and has become a rising star in the entertainment industry. This article will delve into Jharrel Jerome’s personal life, education, career, and net worth.
Early Life and Family
Jharrel Jerome was born on October 9, 1997, in New York City, United States. He grew up in the Bronx, where he was raised by his mother, Radoyka Jerome, who is of Haitian descent. From a young age, Jerome showed a deep interest in acting and participated in various school plays and local theater productions.
Jerome comes from a close-knit family and often credits his mother for being his biggest supporter. He has two younger sisters with whom he shares a strong bond.
After completing his high school education, Jharrel Jerome pursued a degree in Drama at the prestigious Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, also known as LaGuardia High School. This acclaimed arts school has produced many successful actors, musicians, and artists. During his time there, Jharrel honed his acting skills and nurtured his passion for the performing arts.
Jharrel Jerome’s breakthrough role came in 2016 when he was cast as Kevin, one of the central characters in the critically acclaimed film “Moonlight.” The movie, directed by Barry Jenkins, received widespread recognition and won several awards, including the Academy Award for Best Picture. Jerome’s portrayal of a conflicted young man grappling with his sexuality garnered him praise from both critics and audience members.
Following the success of “Moonlight,” Jharrel Jerome continued to make his mark in the industry. In 2019, he portrayed Korey Wise, one of the Exonerated Five, in Ava DuVernay’s critically acclaimed Netflix limited series “When They See Us.” His compelling and emotionally charged performance earned him an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie, making him the first Afro-Latino actor to win in this category.
Other Notable Works
In addition to “Moonlight” and “When They See Us,” Jharrel Jerome has appeared in various other projects that have showcased his versatility as an actor. He starred in the film “Selah and the Spades” and appeared in the television series “Mr. Mercedes.” He also had a prominent role in the 2019 film “Clemency,” alongside renowned actress Alfre Woodard.
As of 2021, Jharrel Jerome has an estimated net worth of $1 million. His success in the entertainment industry, coupled with his award-winning performances, has contributed to his growing wealth. With his immense talent and rising popularity, it is expected that his net worth will continue to increase in the coming years.
Jharrel Jerome’s journey from a young actor honing his skills in local theater to winning major accolades on the big screen is truly inspiring. His charisma, dedication, and ability to bring complex characters to life have earned him widespread recognition and admiration. We can certainly expect to see more remarkable performances from this talented actor in the future.
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory
- Tuck School of Business Embraces Encouraging Criteria in Admissions Approach
- Leicester City Progress to Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Finals After Victory Against AFC Bournemouth
- Elderly Man Shot in Sydney Office Building, Alleged Shooter in Custody
- Bharat Highways InvIT IPO Commences IPO Subscription with Strong Anchor Investment
- Government Likely to Implement Citizenship Amendment Act Rules Before Upcoming Elections
- Montreal Canadiens End Losing Streak with 4-2 Victory Over Arizona Coyotes
- Controversial Comedy Show Cancelled After Offensive Merchandise Sparks Outrage
- Leap Day 2024: The History and Significance of February 29