Karnataka captain Mayank Agarwal was admitted to a private hospital in Agartala after falling ill on a flight bound for New Delhi. Agarwal was travelling with the Karnataka squad for their Ranji Trophy match against Railways when he complained of stomach pain and a burning sensation in his throat and mouth after consuming liquid from a bottle believed to be drinking water.
The incident occurred on Tuesday evening and Agarwal was rushed to the hospital after vomiting inside the aircraft. Although he is believed to be out of danger, the severity of his condition is yet to be determined as he undergoes observation for 24 hours.
The Karnataka State Cricket Association is in contact with officials from the Tripura Cricket Association and the doctors attending to Agarwal. After a series of tests, a decision will be made on whether he can return home to Bengaluru for further examination.
The flight, operated by IndiGo, had to return to Agartala due to the medical emergency. The rest of the Karnataka squad continued their travel as Agarwal received medical assistance. Nikin Jose, the vice-captain, is expected to take over the captaincy in Agarwal’s absence.
Mayank Agarwal has been in good form this season, having scored two hundreds and a half-century. Karnataka currently holds the second position in Group C of the Ranji Trophy with two wins, a draw, and a defeat in four matches.
- Miss SA Natasha Joubert Partners with Boston City Campus to Gift 31 Students Educational Opportunities
- Pokémon Company Announces Major Updates and New Games on Pokémon Day
- Clint Eastwood’s Career-Changing Role in A Fistful of Dollars Garnered International Stardom
- The Pokémon Company Unveils Exciting Updates on Pokémon Day 2024
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami’s Wealth Exceeds Rs 55 Crore with Lavish Properties and Contracts
- Ruben Neves Reveals Near Miss Move to Barcelona Before Al-Hilal Switch
- Mexico Stuns USWNT in W Gold Cup Upset
- Disastrous Willy’s Chocolate Experience Leaves Families Disappointed in Glasgow
- BBC Apologizes for Mishandling Huw Edwards Complaint, Promises Improved Procedures
- D2L Forges Strategic Partnerships with ASAE and Association Forum to Enhance Member Engagement
- Rajya Sabha Polls: BJP Claims Majority as Cross-Voting Reported in Himachal Pradesh
- Sidhu Moosewala’s Mother Charan Kaur Expecting Baby at 58: Considerations for Late IVF Pregnancy
- Prince William Unexpectedly Pulls Out of Memorial Service for Former King Constantine of Greece
- Blowing Snow Advisory Hits Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba: Hazardous Travel Expected
- Gender Pay Gap in Australian Finance Sector Revealed by Investment Bank Reports
- Qantas Flight Attendant’s Heartwarming Act of Kindness on Final Flight Touches Passengers and Crewmates
- Controversial Call Mars Knicks Victory over Pistons: Coach Monty Williams Unleashes Frustration
- Emmanuel Macron Considers Sending Western Troops to Ukraine: Reactions and Criticisms
- Collingwood Dominates Richmond in Pre-Season Clash with Late Injury Scare for Tigers’ Jack Graham
- ISRO Successfully Tests Cryogenic Engine for Gaganyaan Mission, Crew Ready for Spaceflight