PSG faces a new challenge in Ligue 1 this Friday night, marking its return in the 20th matchday against Strasbourg. After the frustrating 2-2 draw against Brest at Parc des Princes last week, the team led by Luis Enrique is gearing up for the visit to Strasbourg but will have to cope with the absences of Dembele and Barcola.
Luis Enrique will be without Nuno Mendes, Presnel Kimpembe, and Milan Skriniar, who have been sidelined due to injuries. Bradley Barcola sent off in the clash against Brest, will also be absent at Maineau, along with Ousmane Dembele, who is rested due to thigh discomfort. To replace these two undisputed starters, the Spanish strategist could field Randal Kolo Muani and Marco Asensio alongside Kylian Mbappe.
Warren Zaire-Emery returns to the midfield after his start on the right side against Brest. The local player is expected to be accompanied by Manuel Ugarte. However, there is disagreement between L’Equipe and Le Parisien about the third midfield position, with L’Equipe favoring Fabian Ruiz, while Le Parisien prefers Vitinha.
In defense, Lucas Hernandez, suspended in the previous match, will play on the left flank. Marquinhos and Danilo Pereira will form the central duo, while Carlos Soler will take the right-back position. Gianluigi Donnarumma will continue to guard the goal.
Thus, PSG is gearing up for this crucial showdown, looking to put behind the disappointment of their last encounter and solidify their position at the top of Ligue 1.
- Star Wide Receiver Mike Evans Agrees to 2-Year Deal to Stay with Buccaneers
- Supreme Court Restores Trump to Colorado Ballot: Unanimous Ruling Sets Precedent
- Vanderpump Rules Star Lala Kent Announces Pregnancy Through Donor Sperm
- Austin Eckroat Earns First PGA Tour Victory After Weather-Delayed Cognizant Classic Finish
- Fuel Price Increase Set to Hit South African Motorists this Week
- Mystery Bitcoin Buyer Sparks Speculation of Qatar’s Entry into Crypto Market
- Kacey Musgraves Mesmerizes Audience with Stellar SNL Performances
- British No. 1 Katie Boulter Clinches San Diego Open Title in Hard-Fought Victory
- RK Swamy IPO Subscription Soars on Day 1, Retail Investors Lead the Way
- Billionaire’s Son Hosts Extravagant Pre-Wedding Bash with High-Profile Guests in India
- Comedian Michael McIntyre Postpones Show Due to Medical Procedure
- Gary Goldsmith to Appear on Celebrity Big Brother Amid Royal Recovery
- Holland America Line Unveils Exciting Panama Canal and Hawaii Cruises for 2025-2026 Season
- RK Swamy IPO Fully Subscribed on Day 1, Retail Investors Lead the Charge
- Senior TMC Leader Tapas Roy Resigns as Baranagar MLA, Likely to Quit Mamata Banerjee-Led Party
- Comedian Kevin James to Bring ‘Owls Don’t Walk’ Tour to Central Pa.
- Iowa Hawkeyes Secure Victory Over Ohio State in Women’s Basketball Showdown
- Carver Bancorp, Inc. Appoints Tony Holmes as First Vice President for Retail Banking & Business Development
- Manchester United Women’s Fans Voice Concerns and Hope for Future
- Rangers B to Face Royal Antwerp Under-21s in Belgium Youth Showdown