A retired Perth car salesman and dealership owner has emerged as the second largest political donor in the Voice to Parliament referendum, pouring over $1 million into the campaign led by right-wing organization Advance Australia.
Brian Hadley Anderson, through his company Hadley Holdings Pty Ltd, made a total donation of $1.025 million to Advance Australia during late 2022, according to recently published data from the Australian Electoral Commission.
The sizeable donation from Anderson has further solidified his position as a prominent figure in the political landscape, as he actively supported the No campaign in the referendum held to decide on the Voice to Parliament initiative.
Advance Australia, the recipient of this substantial financial contribution, played a pivotal role in advocating against the proposed change to the country’s political system. The organization centered its campaign on the belief that establishing an Indigenous Voice to the Parliament would create division and lead to a form of apartheid.
The latest figures released by the Australian Electoral Commission highlight Anderson’s significant financial investment, making him one of the most influential contributors in the past financial year.
The Voice to Parliament referendum, which took place in late 2022, aimed to gauge public opinion on whether to establish a constitutionally enshrined Indigenous advisory body.
- Bill Gates Visits Maa Mangla Basti in Bhubaneswar, Interacts with Residents
- Star-Studded Screening: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies Draws Bollywood Celebrities
- Kieran Trippier Addresses Bayern Munich Transfer Rumors in BBC Interview
- Melbourne Demons Shine in Pre-Season Showdown Against Carlton Blues
- Tasmania JackJumpers, Illawarra Hawks, and Sydney Kings Set for NBL Play-In Showdowns
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory
- Tuck School of Business Embraces Encouraging Criteria in Admissions Approach
- Leicester City Progress to Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Finals After Victory Against AFC Bournemouth
- Elderly Man Shot in Sydney Office Building, Alleged Shooter in Custody