Australia has revealed the squad for the upcoming T20I series against West Indies, with some notable names returning to the team. The hosts, led by Mitchell Marsh in the absence of regular captain Steve Smith, have included recently retired Test and ODI batter David Warner, all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, and fast-bowler Josh Hazlewood. This series will also serve as an opportunity for players like Matt Short, Tim David, Matthew Wade, and bowlers Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Ellis, and Sean Abbott to showcase their abilities before the T20I World Cup in June.
Ahead of the series, Australia has decided to rest explosive batter Marcus Stoinis in order to keep him fresh for the upcoming tours of New Zealand, both in the T20 and Test formats, starting on February 21.
On the other side, West Indies’ T20I squad, led by Rovman Powell, will see the inclusion of Brandon King and Sherfane Rutherford, who were granted permission to participate in ILT20. The squad also features the experienced Jason Holder and Kyle Mayers, who were unavailable for the Test tour. However, one notable omission from the squad is Shai Hope, who was left out due to poor form during the ODI series against England last year.
- Winter Storm Blankets California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains with Heavy Snowfall
- Sydney Sweeney Clarifies Rumors with Glen Powell Cameo on SNL Debut
- Australia Hosts Second ASEAN-Australia Special Summit Amid Regional Geopolitical Shifts
- BJP Announces First List of Candidates for Lok Sabha Elections 2024
- Kevin James Reflects on Comedy Career Milestones in New Stand-Up Special
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 9 Rocket with Starlink Satellites
- Sunrise Hosts Surprise Dedicated Volunteer with Backyard Makeover
- USWNT Secures Victory Against Colombia in Concacaf W Gold Cup Quarterfinal Match
- Ryan Garcia Challenges Jake Paul to Historic Fight After Winning Bout
- Power Outage Hits Perth’s Northern Suburbs Due to Weather Conditions
- Chaos Erupts as Armed Gangs Storm Haitian Prison, Releasing Thousands of Inmates
- Extreme Cold Warning Issued for Cochrane as Wind Chills Reach -40 Degrees
- NRL Vegas Clash Sparks Field Goal Controversy in Roosters vs Broncos Game
- The Veronicas Announce US Tour After a Decade, Discuss New Music and Tour Stories
- Arkansas Grapples with Daylight Saving Time Dilemma
- Ayesha Curry Announces Fourth Pregnancy, Welcoming Another Addition to Curry Family
- Warriors and Celtics Gear Up for Epic Rematch in Red-Hot Showdown
- Record Participation at 2024 TTP Cambridge Half Marathon
- Teddy Swims Announces Anticipated ‘I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour’ in New Zealand and Australia
- Women Making Strides: ACT Public Service Celebrates International Women’s Day