Amid the anxious wait and huddles surrounding the upcoming Bihar floor test, the ruling Janata Dal (United) has decided to relocate its MLAs to a hotel near the legislature in preparation for the trust vote.
Last month, Nitish Kumar took his oath as CM for the ninth time after realigning with the NDA-BJP alliance, abandoning the opposition’s INDIA bloc.
On January 28, Nitish Kumar resigned as chief minister, citing the unrest within the Mahagathbandhan as the reason for his departure.
Three JD(U) MLAs missed a crucial meeting ahead of the floor test, adding to the suspense surrounding the impending vote.
JD(U) has issued a whip requiring all its MLAs to be present for the floor test, with Jitan Ram Manjhi also instructing its MLAs to vote in favor of the NDA government in the Bihar Vidhan Sabha.
Speaker of the Bihar Assembly Awadh Bihari Chaudhary has declared he will not resign before the budget session begins, despite facing a motion of no-confidence from the newly formed NDA government.
The JD(U)-NDA alliance, comprising JD(U), BJP, and HAM(S) MLAs, along with an Independent MLA, boasts a majority of 128 in the House of 243.
The ruling alliance needs 122 votes to surpass the majority mark in the House.
The trust vote scheduled for February 12 will be a significant moment in determining the fate of Nitish Kumar’s government in Bihar.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets