Kochi: A Kerala court on Tuesday handed down the death sentence to 15 individuals convicted of the brutal murder of Ranjith Sreenivasan, a prominent leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2021. All the convicts were members of the Popular Front of India. The court’s decision comes after their conviction on January 20. The convicted individuals include Naisam, Ajmal, Anoop, Mohammad Aslam, Salam, Saffaruddin, Abdul Kalam, Manshad, Jaseeb Raja, Navas, Sameer, Nazir, Zakir Hussain, Shaji, and Shernas Ashraf. Ranjith Sreenivasan, who was 40 years old at the time, served as the state secretary of the BJP OBC Morcha.
The gruesome murder took place on December 19, 2021, in Vellakinar, Alappuzha town. Shockingly, the victim’s mother, wife, and child were forced to bear witness to the horrifying act. Ranjith Sreenivasan’s killing was seen as a retaliatory act for the murder of SDPI state secretary KS Shan, who was allegedly killed by RSS members the previous day in the same district. During the incident, Ranjith’s mother and sister were also assaulted.
The prosecution revealed that the victim’s body had 56 gashes. The court determined that eight individuals were directly involved in the murder, while four others accompanied the assailants to the scene with weapons, preventing the victim from escaping and allowing others to enter the house after hearing his screams. Sreenivasan’s family expressed hope for the sentencing to reflect the severity of the crime.
The BJP leader‘s murder occurred shortly after the killing of K S Shan, an SDPI leader, on the night of December 18, 2021, as he was returning home in Alappuzha. The tragic events shocked both the local community and the nation as a whole.
- Monica Lewinsky Champions Voting Rights and Fashion in Reformation Campaign
- Tom Brady Shows Off Muscles in Popeye Shirt Amid Recent Reports of Ex-Wife’s Relationship
- Burna Boy Pays Tribute to Sidhu Moose Wala During Toronto Show
- Kaiser Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Album Release and UK Tour Announced
- Stock Market Update: Tata Steel, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints in Focus Ahead of Trading Session
- Community Protests Bullying Following Tragic Death of Nex Benedict
- UNC’s RJ Davis Scores Career-High 42 Points in Victory Against Miami
- Scott Morrison Reflects on Leadership Legacy in Final Speech to Parliament
- Bitcoin Surges to 27-Month High Amid Unprecedented Bullish Factors
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO: Key Details Investors Should Know Before Subscribing
- The Voice Coaches Steal the Show in Epic Four-Chair Turn Battle
- Bitcoin Surges to Highest Value Since November 2021 on Unprecedented Positive Factors
- Rising Cases of Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Prompt Urgent Calls for Improved Care in NHS
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Draft Strategy Revealed Through Recent Successes
- Norovirus Cases Rising Across the Country: Health Officials Warn of Contagious Outbreak
- Fred Again. Sells Out Surprise Show at Sydney Opera House After Teasing Fans Online
- Australian Idol 2024’s Ripley Alexander Making His Mark in the Music Scene
- Senator Ted Cruz Discusses Commerce and Economic Growth in Laredo Townhall Meeting
- Raptors Seek Third Consecutive Victory Against Pacers in Eastern Conference Showdown
- FA Cup Fifth-Round Matches Impact Premier League Fixtures and Fantasy Football Plans