Mauni Amavasya, also known as the Magha Amavasya, is considered a highly auspicious day in the Hindu lunar calendar. This year, Mauni Amavasya falls on 9th February. It holds great importance for performing religious rituals, yajnas, and rigorous tapasya (austerity).
According to Hindu beliefs, Mauni Amavasya is associated with the birth of sage Manu, who is considered the progenitor of mankind. The term ‘Mauni’ is derived from ‘Manu’, and this day is dedicated to observing silence and indulging in spiritual practices.
The auspicious muhurat for Mauni Amavasya 2024 starts from 9th February at 8:02 AM and ends on 10th February at 4:28 AM. Devotees generally observe this day based on the sunrise on 9th February.
What makes Mauni Amavasya even more special this year is the presence of several propitious planetary alignments. It is characterized by the convergence of Sarvarth Siddhi Yoga, Vinayak Amrit Yoga, Hansa Yoga, and Malavya Yoga, all of which are considered highly favorable.
On the day of Mauni Amavasya, devotees are advised to take a purifying bath during the early hours of the morning. After the bath, offering tarpan (water oblations) to the Sun with sesame seeds is considered auspicious. Wearing clean clothes, devotees then proceed with chanting mantras and performing puja rituals. Generous donations are also encouraged on this day.
To pacify the malefic effects of the planets, a recommended remedy for Mauni Amavasya is to visit a Shiva temple and offer Rudraksha mala to Lord Shiva. Chanting the sacred mantra of Lord Shiva 108 times while lighting incense is also advised. The Rudraksha mala can be worn around the neck or kept close to oneself.
Devotees can observe fasting on Mauni Amavasya by consuming only water and fruits. Apart from the religious practices, it is also believed to be an excellent time for performing charitable acts. Some suggested acts of charity include offering donations to cows for liberation, donating land for prosperity, giving away black sesame seeds to ward off negative influences, donating gold for healing the ailments, and offering ghee along with a worthy recipient for family welfare.
Therefore, Mauni Amavasya 2024 presents a unique opportunity for devotees to engage in spiritual endeavors, seek blessings, and alleviate the malefic planetary influences through sincere prayers, rituals, and acts of kindness.
- BJP Announces First List of Candidates for Lok Sabha Elections 2024
- Kevin James Reflects on Comedy Career Milestones in New Stand-Up Special
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 9 Rocket with Starlink Satellites
- Sunrise Hosts Surprise Dedicated Volunteer with Backyard Makeover
- USWNT Secures Victory Against Colombia in Concacaf W Gold Cup Quarterfinal Match
- Ryan Garcia Challenges Jake Paul to Historic Fight After Winning Bout
- Power Outage Hits Perth’s Northern Suburbs Due to Weather Conditions
- Chaos Erupts as Armed Gangs Storm Haitian Prison, Releasing Thousands of Inmates
- Extreme Cold Warning Issued for Cochrane as Wind Chills Reach -40 Degrees
- NRL Vegas Clash Sparks Field Goal Controversy in Roosters vs Broncos Game
- The Veronicas Announce US Tour After a Decade, Discuss New Music and Tour Stories
- Arkansas Grapples with Daylight Saving Time Dilemma
- Ayesha Curry Announces Fourth Pregnancy, Welcoming Another Addition to Curry Family
- Warriors and Celtics Gear Up for Epic Rematch in Red-Hot Showdown
- Record Participation at 2024 TTP Cambridge Half Marathon
- Teddy Swims Announces Anticipated ‘I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour’ in New Zealand and Australia
- Women Making Strides: ACT Public Service Celebrates International Women’s Day
- Philadelphia 76ers at Dallas Mavericks: Doncic and Maxey to Clash in Cross-Conference Showdown
- Warriors vs. Celtics: NBA Showdown Looms as Eastern Conference Leaders Seek 11th Consecutive Victory
- Legendary ESPN Sportscaster Chris Mortensen Passes Away at 72