In a shocking turn of events, the city of Haldwani in Uttarakhand witnessed violent protests and clashes over encroachments. The situation escalated to a point where the entire city was turned into a fortress with the imposition of a curfew and orders to shoot miscreants on sight. These events unfolded after the demolition of a mosque and a madrasa in the Banbhoolpura area, which led to widespread unrest.
The Municipal Corporation team, accompanied by police forces, initiated the demolition process in the residential area of Indira Nagar. However, the demolition soon turned into a battleground as locals vehemently opposed the action. The situation spiraled out of control, with protesters vandalizing government properties and pelting stones at the authorities.
Following the commotion, the District Magistrate (DM) wasted no time in issuing the order to use firearms against the troublemakers. As a result, the entire city of Haldwani was transformed into a military camp with a heavy police presence. Reports have emerged of several individuals sustaining injuries during the clashes.
The gravity of the situation prompted Chief Minister Dhami to convene a high-level meeting to assess the law and order situation. He conferred with the Chief Secretary and the Police Commissioner to evaluate the ongoing events and formulate a strategy to restore peace in the city. The Chief Minister also appealed to the public to maintain calm and cooperate with the authorities.
It is worth noting that Haldwani, a prominent city in Uttarakhand, has been grappling with the issue of encroachments for a while now. The encroachment drive, aimed at reclaiming public land, has triggered a wave of protests and tensions in various parts of the city. The situation in Haldwani remains tense, with the police maintaining a strict vigil and ensuring the safety of the civilians.
- BJP President JP Nadda Resigns from Himachal Pradesh Rajya Sabha Seat and Continues from Gujarat
- Inter Maintain Dominance with Victory Over Genoa
- Empowering Events for Women’s History Month Celebrations at University
- Former United Nations Official Calls for Immediate Action on Climate Change
- Garry Monk Appointed as Cambridge United Head Coach on Long-term Contract
- FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano Dies at 62; Guided Key Investigations During Career
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal