With the NHL March 8 Trade Deadline looming, trade rumors are rife with potential moves across the league. The Edmonton Oilers are eyeing a forward boost, with general manager Ken Holland reportedly showing interest in bringing back winger David Perron from the Detroit Red Wings. Perron, a former Oilers’ player, has caught Holland’s eye, but it would require Detroit to retain half of his $4.75 million cap hit for a deal to materialize.
David Perron, a 17-year NHL veteran and current Red Wings player, could potentially bolster the Oilers’ lineup with his 10 goals and 39 points this season. The Oilers, sitting third in the Pacific Division, may be looking to add depth to make a playoff push, being seven points behind the Calgary Flames with games in hand.
Ahead of Perron’s potential acquisition, the Ottawa Senators are facing a cap crunch as goaltender Anton Forsberg returns from long-term injured reserve. To accommodate Forsberg’s return, Ottawa has waived forward Zack MacEwen to clear cap space and may need to make further roster moves to align with the salary cap restrictions.
Anton Forsberg, with a cap hit of $2.75 million, is set to rejoin the Senators, who are currently utilizing $1.71 million in LTIR relief. The Senators must navigate roster complexities to make space for Forsberg, who is a key player in their goaltending lineup.
Meanwhile, the Toronto Maple Leafs are bracing for impactful news as top defenseman Morgan Rielly has been offered an in-person hearing for his cross-check on New York Rangers forward CT Pan. Rielly’s potential suspension could leave the Maple Leafs without a key player for an extended period, with the 29-year-old defenseman leading the team in ice time.
Morgan Rielly, who has amassed 43 points in 50 games this season, is a crucial piece of Toronto’s defensive game. With his possible suspension pending after the in-person hearing in New York, the Maple Leafs will be evaluating their defensive strategies heading into the upcoming games.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets