The National Association of Nigerian Students has issued a strong warning to South Africans following disturbing threats directed at the Super Eagles goalkeeper, Stanley Nwabali. Nwabali’s stellar performance during the recent match against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, where he made crucial saves in both regular play and the subsequent penalty shootout, has garnered attention.
Former Super Eagles international, Idah Peterside, disclosed on Channels Television that there have been concerning messages threatening Nwabali not to return to Chippa United in South Africa post the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament. Peterside highlighted the issue on Thursday, emphasizing the seriousness of the threats directed at the goalkeeper.
Expressing their dismay over the situation, the NANS Senate President, Elvis Ekundina, urged South Africans to refrain from intimidating Nwabali. The National Association of Nigerian Students strongly condemned the actions of some South Africans, emphasizing that football should foster camaraderie and not animosity.
- Late Penalty Equalizer Secures Draw for PSG Against Rennes
- Porto Held to a 1-1 Draw by Gil Vicente After Late Equaliser
- Thrilling Finish as Suarez Edges Out Busch and Blaney in NASCAR Cup Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Canadian Actor Chris Gauthier Passes Away at 48, Remembered Fondly by Colleagues
- Rookie Golfer Jake Knapp Clinches First PGA Tour Win at Mexico Open
- Calgary Flames 2024 Rebuild Showing Remarkable Progress from 2013
- Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses Highlights Importance of Fast Start to NRL Season
- Former NFL Star Cam Newton Involved in Altercation at Youth Football Camp in Atlanta
- Succession: Exploring Logan Roy’s Most Memorable Moments in HBO’s Hit Drama
- Chris Chelios’ Emotional Jersey Retirement Ceremony at United Center
- Ottawa Sens Foundation Program Introduces Kids to Ice Skating at Canadian Tire Centre
- Truman Capote’s Literary Legacy: A Closer Look at His Iconic Works
- Phoenix Suns Look to Extend Home Winning Streak Against LA Lakers in Pacific Division Showdown
- Star Trek Actor Kenneth Mitchell Dies at 49 After Battling ALS for Over Five Years
- Navigating Freelance Taxation: Essential Tips for New Freelancers in 2024
- Ottawa Senators’ Chabot Excels on the Ice Against Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pennsylvania’s Pine Creek Gorge: The State’s Hidden Gem
- Former TV Presenter and Flight Attendant Feared Dead in Alleged Shooting Incident
- Late Ramos Penalty Earns PSG Dramatic Draw Against Rennes
- Divine Watch: God’s Vigilance in Every Action By His People