The Detroit Pistons have made a significant move ahead of the 2024 NBA trade deadline, waiving former top-10 pick Killian Hayes, according to The Athletic. Selected as the seventh overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, Hayes has struggled to find his footing in the league and failed to meet expectations. The decision comes as the Pistons have been actively involved in multiple trade deadline deals, cementing their role as sellers this season.
Hayes, a 22-year-old point guard, started the 2023-24 season as a starter but was later relegated to the bench during the team’s lengthy losing streak. Amidst his struggles, the Pistons opted to waive him midway through the final year of his four-year, $24 million contract.
Throughout his 11 games as a reserve, Hayes struggled to make an impact, averaging a mere 2.6 points on 29.6% shooting. His shooting woes extended beyond the arc, where he shot an abysmal 11.1%. Additionally, his free-throw shooting stood at just 40.0%.
Despite reported interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves, a trade involving Hayes could not be finalized. It remains to be seen if any other teams will show interest in signing Hayes for the remainder of the season.
In addition to waiving Hayes, the Pistons were involved in several other deadline deals. They traded Monté Morris to the Timberwolves and acquired Danuel House and a second-round pick from the Philadelphia 76ers. However, they reportedly intend to waive House alongside Hayes and veteran Joe Harris.
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal
- Spanish Woman Gang-Raped in Jharkhand Sparks Outrage and Calls for Stronger Safety Measures for Tourists
- OKC Thunder Sticking to Their Unconventional Identity
- Denver Broncos Release Russell Wilson After Disappointing Stint
- Ozzy Osbourne on the Evolution of Heavy Metal: A Mentor’s Perspective
- Reality TV Star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Shake Things Up in Celebrity Big Brother 2024
- Coronation Street Actor Colson Smith Enters Celebrity Big Brother House