The Seattle Seahawks are set to make a significant change in their coaching staff as they have reached an agreement with Mike Macdonald to become their next head coach, sources have informed ESPN‘s Adam Schefter. Macdonald, who has been the defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, will join the Seahawks on a six-year contract.
Macdonald’s hiring will make him the youngest head coach in the NFL, bringing with him a reputation as one of the league’s brightest defensive minds. Under his guidance, the Ravens’ defense led the league in points allowed, sacks, and takeaways during the 2023 season.
The Seahawks leadership, including general manager John Schneider, held a second interview with Macdonald on Wednesday, ultimately deciding to hire him for the head coaching position. Macdonald was one of the most sought-after candidates this year, having interviewed with multiple teams.
Replacing the 72-year-old Pete Carroll, Macdonald’s appointment will make him the NFL’s youngest head coach at just 36 years old. He will be taking over a team that has a rich history, having won one Super Bowl title and making numerous playoff appearances under Carroll.
The Ravens, on the other hand, will now have to find a replacement for Macdonald as their defensive coordinator. They have several options available from their current coaching staff, including Anthony Weaver, Dennard Wilson, Zachary Orr, and Chris Hewitt, all of whom have interviewed for similar positions with other NFL teams this offseason.
Macdonald’s journey to the NFL started as a coaching intern with the Ravens in 2014. He then spent seven seasons working his way up the coaching ranks before being hired as the University of Michigan‘s defensive coordinator in 2021. However, he returned to Baltimore in 2022 to take over as the team’s defensive coordinator.
Throughout his time with the Ravens, Macdonald has been highly regarded by players and fellow coaches. C.J. Mosley, a Pro Bowl linebacker for the team, spoke highly of Macdonald’s dedication and caring nature towards players, calling him the best candidate for any team looking for a head coach.
- CUET UG 2024 Registration Opens: Apply Now for Common University Entrance Test
- RCB vs GG WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore Outplay Gujarat Giants with Convincing Win in WPL Match
- Banyana Banyana Coach Urges Caution Ahead of Olympic Qualifier Second Leg Against Tanzania
- Miss SA Natasha Joubert Partners with Boston City Campus to Gift 31 Students Educational Opportunities
- Pokémon Company Announces Major Updates and New Games on Pokémon Day
- Clint Eastwood’s Career-Changing Role in A Fistful of Dollars Garnered International Stardom
- The Pokémon Company Unveils Exciting Updates on Pokémon Day 2024
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami’s Wealth Exceeds Rs 55 Crore with Lavish Properties and Contracts
- Ruben Neves Reveals Near Miss Move to Barcelona Before Al-Hilal Switch
- Mexico Stuns USWNT in W Gold Cup Upset
- Disastrous Willy’s Chocolate Experience Leaves Families Disappointed in Glasgow
- BBC Apologizes for Mishandling Huw Edwards Complaint, Promises Improved Procedures
- D2L Forges Strategic Partnerships with ASAE and Association Forum to Enhance Member Engagement
- Rajya Sabha Polls: BJP Claims Majority as Cross-Voting Reported in Himachal Pradesh
- Sidhu Moosewala’s Mother Charan Kaur Expecting Baby at 58: Considerations for Late IVF Pregnancy
- Prince William Unexpectedly Pulls Out of Memorial Service for Former King Constantine of Greece
- Blowing Snow Advisory Hits Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba: Hazardous Travel Expected
- Gender Pay Gap in Australian Finance Sector Revealed by Investment Bank Reports
- Qantas Flight Attendant’s Heartwarming Act of Kindness on Final Flight Touches Passengers and Crewmates
- Controversial Call Mars Knicks Victory over Pistons: Coach Monty Williams Unleashes Frustration