Although endless possibilities exist to make the most of the 366 days in 2024, things feel different. This year feels like a continuation of last year, so I’m not working to reinvent myself. Instead, I’m keeping up the momentum I ended last year with.
I’ve seen articles on how January doesn’t give a rush but preparation. I think of my recent trips to the gym, where few people are trying to accomplish their new fitness goals. Everything instead is focused on consistency and shifting away from needing to have it all together and achieve everything at once.
This year, I’m on a new level of adulting. I survived the trial and error of 2023 and remain grateful for the health and prosperity I experienced. Although it might be a new year, my goals are the same. I will continue to focus on my financial, physical, spiritual, and professional growth. I’m committed to continually evolving, realizing that I have my whole life to figure things out and see the perfect story weaved together instead of being done in a year.
I do notice the challenge of seeing that there is resistance while maintaining habits and routines. Things have gotten easier over time, but there’s a lot of pushing through when I don’t desire to wake up at 6 a.m. to start my morning with prayer, go to the gym after a long work day, or edit social media content in my free time.
With the challenges, I am so excited for this new year of adulting. I’m developing a better sense of self – my frontal lobe forming is in full effect – I’m seeing new people brought into my life to form the community I have desperately longed for in this city. I’m practicing discernment and wisdom in every area of my life. I’m also in my hosting era and being intentional with creating a safe space.
Ultimately, the focus is to live a quiet and peaceful life, working with my hands, pursuing new experiences, maintaining systems, and continuing to figure things out. I’m excited for this new year and all I have to share in this column.
[Author Name] is a Seattle-based journalist.
- BJP President JP Nadda Resigns from Himachal Pradesh Rajya Sabha Seat and Continues from Gujarat
- Inter Maintain Dominance with Victory Over Genoa
- Empowering Events for Women’s History Month Celebrations at University
- Former United Nations Official Calls for Immediate Action on Climate Change
- Garry Monk Appointed as Cambridge United Head Coach on Long-term Contract
- FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano Dies at 62; Guided Key Investigations During Career
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal