Tragedy struck the Nigerian business community as Abimbola Ogunbanjo, the group Managing Director of Access Bank Corporation, and Herbert Wigwe, former group chairman of Nigerian Exchange Group Plc (NGX Group), lost their lives in a helicopter crash in California.
The exact circumstances of the crash, including the location and time, remain unclear as investigations are underway to determine the cause of the tragic incident.
Born in Nigeria, Bamofin Lawal Rilwan, who held a law degree from the University of Lagos and a Master of Laws degree from the London School of Economics, began his career as a credit analyst at Chase Manhattan Bank (Nigeria) Limited.
He later ventured into private practice, joining the law firm of Chris Ogunbanjo LP, where he specialized in commercial law areas such as capital markets, shipping, and mergers and acquisitions.
During his tenure, Ogunbanjo served as the President of the National Council of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) from 2017 to 2021 and was appointed as the Group Chairman of Nigerian Exchange Group Plc (NGX Group) in 2021, overseeing the demutualization process of the NSE.
His leadership extended to various multinational corporations and non-profit organizations, including positions on the boards of companies such as Beta Glass Plc and advisory roles at the University of Buckingham Center for Extractive Studies.
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal
- Spanish Woman Gang-Raped in Jharkhand Sparks Outrage and Calls for Stronger Safety Measures for Tourists
- OKC Thunder Sticking to Their Unconventional Identity
- Denver Broncos Release Russell Wilson After Disappointing Stint
- Ozzy Osbourne on the Evolution of Heavy Metal: A Mentor’s Perspective
- Reality TV Star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Shake Things Up in Celebrity Big Brother 2024
- Coronation Street Actor Colson Smith Enters Celebrity Big Brother House