The CEO of Access Bank in Nigeria, Herbert Wigwe, and five others tragically lost their lives in a helicopter crash in the Southern California desert on Friday night, announced by World Trade Organization Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Among the deceased were Herbert Wigwe’s wife and son, as well as Abimbola Ogunbanjo, former group chairman of the Nigeria Stock Exchange. Nigerian President Bola Tinubu also confirmed the identities of the passengers who perished in the crash.
Nigerian President Tinubu expressed profound condolences to the family members and all those affected by the devastating incident. Access Bank, where Wigwe was the CEO, also mourned his passing and hailed his impactful leadership.
The fatal crash involved a Eurocopter EC130 helicopter that went down near Nipton, California, operated by charter company Orbic Air. The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are currently investigating the circumstances of the crash.
According to NTSB member Michael Graham, the helicopter departed from Palm Springs en route to Boulder City, Nevada, before crashing near Interstate 15. Witnesses reported poor weather conditions at the time of the accident.
Graham detailed that the helicopter descended rapidly before impacting the terrain in a fiery explosion. All four passengers onboard, along with the pilot and a safety pilot, lost their lives in the tragic event.
The NTSB extended heartfelt sympathies to the families of the deceased, recognizing the immense tragedy and loss resulting from the helicopter crash.
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions