The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) has recently announced revised guidelines and requirements for individuals seeking certificate verification with foreign nursing boards or councils. The move aims to streamline the process and ensure that qualified nurses meet the necessary standards when seeking employment opportunities abroad.
The revised guidelines, which were signed by the Registrar/Secretary General of NMCN, Dr. Faruk Abubakar, highlight several key requirements for applicants. Firstly, individuals must have a minimum of two years of post-qualification experience from the date of issuance of their permanent practicing license.
The council has also introduced an online portal for verification applications. Interested applicants can visit the NMCN website and login to initiate the verification process by clicking on the designated link. A non-refundable fee is required for verification, which covers the cost of courier services to the applicant’s institution of training, place of work, and the foreign board.
In addition, the NMCN now requires eligible applicants to obtain a letter of good standing from their place of work and the last nursing training institution attended. These letters should be addressed directly to the Registrar/CEO of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Any application with a provisional license will be rejected.
It is important to note that the council will not accept letter(s) of good standing from the applicant and they must be sent directly.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria plays a vital role in ensuring the delivery of safe and effective nursing and midwifery care in the country. This move to revise the guidelines for certificate verification is aimed at maintaining high standards in the nursing profession and safeguarding the interests of both the professionals and the public.
- Michigan State Looks to Continue NCAA Tournament Streak Against Ohio State in Big Ten Matchup
- LA Galaxy Defeated in Preseason Match Against FC Miami City in La Manga Tournament
- Lily Gladstone Makes History with SAG Award Win for Best Actress
- Late Penalty Equalizer Secures Draw for PSG Against Rennes
- Porto Held to a 1-1 Draw by Gil Vicente After Late Equaliser
- Thrilling Finish as Suarez Edges Out Busch and Blaney in NASCAR Cup Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Canadian Actor Chris Gauthier Passes Away at 48, Remembered Fondly by Colleagues
- Rookie Golfer Jake Knapp Clinches First PGA Tour Win at Mexico Open
- Calgary Flames 2024 Rebuild Showing Remarkable Progress from 2013
- Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses Highlights Importance of Fast Start to NRL Season
- Former NFL Star Cam Newton Involved in Altercation at Youth Football Camp in Atlanta
- Succession: Exploring Logan Roy’s Most Memorable Moments in HBO’s Hit Drama
- Chris Chelios’ Emotional Jersey Retirement Ceremony at United Center
- Ottawa Sens Foundation Program Introduces Kids to Ice Skating at Canadian Tire Centre
- Truman Capote’s Literary Legacy: A Closer Look at His Iconic Works
- Phoenix Suns Look to Extend Home Winning Streak Against LA Lakers in Pacific Division Showdown
- Star Trek Actor Kenneth Mitchell Dies at 49 After Battling ALS for Over Five Years
- Navigating Freelance Taxation: Essential Tips for New Freelancers in 2024
- Ottawa Senators’ Chabot Excels on the Ice Against Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pennsylvania’s Pine Creek Gorge: The State’s Hidden Gem