State Bank of India (SBI) has denied reports of a stake sale in private lender Yes Bank. Rumors had circulated suggesting that SBI was planning to sell Rs 5,000-7,000 crore worth of Yes Bank shares via a block deal. However, in a regulatory filing to the stock exchanges, SBI clarified that the media reports were factually incorrect.
The stake monetization was seen as potentially helpful for SBI, as the state-run bank had made pension-related provisioning in the previous quarter. SBI currently holds a 26.13% stake in Yes Bank, with the stake valued at Rs 22,900 crore.
HDFC Bank, which recently received approval from the RBI to increase its stake in Yes Bank up to 9.5%, held a 3% stake at the end of the third quarter. The additional 6.5% stake that HDFC Bank intends to acquire is valued at Rs 5,747.20 crore.
Shares of Yes Bank were trading flat at Rs 29.74 on the BSE, while SBI’s stock climbed 3.71% to trade above Rs 700. Other banks like ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and IDFC First Bank also have stakes in Yes Bank.
This clarification from SBI comes after media reports suggested that the bank was considering a complete stake sale in Yes Bank via a block deal. However, Yes Bank has also clarified that it is not involved in any negotiations related to the news.
As of now, there are no material events that need to be disclosed under Regulation 30 of the listing regulations, according to Yes Bank.
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions
- Tension Brews in Udege-Mbeki Community Over Chinese Mining Company Expansion Plans
- Luton Embraces International Women’s Day with Inspiring Events
- Al Ain Secures Victory Against Al Nassr in AFC Champions League Quarterfinals
- Rita Moreno and Craig Melvin Keep Fauxmance Alive on TODAY Show
- Iconic Bar-B-Barn Restaurant Closes After Decades of Service in Montreal
- Star Wide Receiver Mike Evans Agrees to 2-Year Deal to Stay with Buccaneers