According to a recent report by The Information, tech giant Apple is said to be working on the development of foldable iPhones and iPads, drawing inspiration from the likes of Samsung and Oppo. The company, known for its innovative designs, is exploring the clamshell format similar to the popular Samsung Galaxy Flip series.
However, Apple enthusiasts might have to wait a little longer as these foldable devices are not expected to hit the market before 2024 or 2025, according to the report. One of the main challenges faced by Apple lies in ensuring the durability and slimness of these devices, as they need to be strong enough without compromising the sleekness of the current iPhones.
The design team at Apple is grappling with the dilemma of creating a foldable iPhone that can withstand external screen usage without easy breakage. Additionally, they are also working on the integration of essential components into a thinner phone, an inherent difficulty due to the requirements of larger batteries and screen parts.
Apple has been engaging with various Asian manufacturers to explore sourcing parts for these foldable devices, which are anticipated to be available in multiple sizes. Moreover, Apple engineers are passionately focused on developing a folding iPad, comparable in size to the existing iPad Mini but with an astonishing eight-inch screen. Their vision includes ensuring a seamless folding experience, devoid of a noticeable crease, and the capability for the device to lie flat when opened.
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions