Boston is gearing up for what meteorologists predict to be the most significant snowstorm in the city in two years as a powerful nor’easter looms over the region. National Weather Service meteorologist Alan Dunham highlighted the impending snowfall, with forecasts indicating that Boston could see between 8 and 12 inches of snow, making it the most substantial snow event of the year.
The last instance of such heavy snowfall in Boston dates back to January 29, 2022, when the city was buried under nearly 2 feet of snow, recording a total of 23.6 inches, according to National Weather Service records.
Anticipated snow totals across Massachusetts are expected to be notably high, with projections pointing to heavy snowfall throughout the state on Tuesday. The speed of snowfall is likely to intensify, with rates reaching between 1 and 2 inches per hour, and potentially exceeding 3 inches per hour in certain areas, as per the National Weather Service.
While most regions of Massachusetts are expected to receive a foot or more of snow, exceptions include the northwest and southeast corners of the state, as well as the Cape and Islands. Even areas with lower predicted snow accumulations, such as Cape Cod, are set to face coastal hazards, including strong winds gusting up to 40 miles per hour and storm surges ranging from 1 to 2 feet, particularly on Tuesday morning.
A Winter Storm Warning blankets nearly the entire state in preparation for the impending nor’easter’s impact, urging residents to brace for potentially hazardous weather conditions.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets