Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, professionally known as D’banj, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer. He is one of the most popular and influential artists in Africa. D’banj is known for his energetic stage performances, his catchy melodies, and his fusion of Afrobeat, R&B, and pop music. He has won numerous awards, including the MTV Africa Music Award for Best Male Artist and the BET Award for Best International Act: Africa.
D’banj was born on June 9, 1980, in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. He is the eldest of seven children. His parents are both military officers.
D’banj is married to Lineo Didi Kilgrow, and they have one son together.
D’banj attended the Nigeria Military School in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. He then proceeded to the Lagos State University, where he studied Mechanical Engineering. However, he dropped out of university to focus on his music career.
D’banj began his music career professionally in 2004, when he released his debut single, “Tongolo.” The song was a critical and commercial success, and it helped to establish D’banj as one of the most promising young artists in Nigeria.
In 2005, D’banj released his debut studio album, No Long Thing. The album was a commercial success, and it helped to solidify D’banj’s status as one of the biggest stars in Nigeria.
D’banj has released five studio albums to date: No Long Thing (2005), RunDown FunkYouUp (2006), The Entertainer (2008), Oliver Twist (2012), and King Don-Come (2017). He has also collaborated with numerous international artists, including Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, and Jay-Z.
D’banj is also the founder of the record label DB Records. He has signed and nurtured some of the biggest stars in Nigeria, including Davido and Timaya.
D’banj’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million. He is one of the wealthiest musicians in Africa. His wealth comes from his music career, his record label, and his endorsements.
D’banj is a successful singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer. He is one of the most popular and influential artists in Africa. D’banj is known for his energetic stage performances, his catchy melodies, and his fusion of Afrobeat, R&B, and pop music. He is an inspiration to many young Africans and shows that it is possible to achieve your dreams, no matter where you come from.
- Winter Storm Blankets California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains with Heavy Snowfall
- Sydney Sweeney Clarifies Rumors with Glen Powell Cameo on SNL Debut
- Australia Hosts Second ASEAN-Australia Special Summit Amid Regional Geopolitical Shifts
- BJP Announces First List of Candidates for Lok Sabha Elections 2024
- Kevin James Reflects on Comedy Career Milestones in New Stand-Up Special
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Falcon 9 Rocket with Starlink Satellites
- Sunrise Hosts Surprise Dedicated Volunteer with Backyard Makeover
- USWNT Secures Victory Against Colombia in Concacaf W Gold Cup Quarterfinal Match
- Ryan Garcia Challenges Jake Paul to Historic Fight After Winning Bout
- Power Outage Hits Perth’s Northern Suburbs Due to Weather Conditions
- Chaos Erupts as Armed Gangs Storm Haitian Prison, Releasing Thousands of Inmates
- Extreme Cold Warning Issued for Cochrane as Wind Chills Reach -40 Degrees
- NRL Vegas Clash Sparks Field Goal Controversy in Roosters vs Broncos Game
- The Veronicas Announce US Tour After a Decade, Discuss New Music and Tour Stories
- Arkansas Grapples with Daylight Saving Time Dilemma
- Ayesha Curry Announces Fourth Pregnancy, Welcoming Another Addition to Curry Family
- Warriors and Celtics Gear Up for Epic Rematch in Red-Hot Showdown
- Record Participation at 2024 TTP Cambridge Half Marathon
- Teddy Swims Announces Anticipated ‘I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy Tour’ in New Zealand and Australia
- Women Making Strides: ACT Public Service Celebrates International Women’s Day