Shares of Indian Railway Finance Corporation Ltd (IRFC) have witnessed a remarkable surge, reaching a new one-year high. The stock rallied 19% to reach a 52-week high of Rs 134.70. With a stunning growth of around 300% within a year, analysts anticipate the counter to continue gaining momentum in the near future.
Technical analysis suggests that the stock has support levels around Rs 120-115, with a potential upward movement towards Rs 164. However, some analysts advise booking profits at current levels due to the overbought condition of the stock.
The Senior Research Analyst, Osho Krishan from Angel One, stated, “IRFC has shown a strong spurt and is likely to continue its upward trajectory. The stock has support levels at Rs 120-115, while a breach below Rs 105-100 should be a cause for concern. As the stock is in uncharted territory, it is important to monitor and trail profits regularly.”
Another Technical Research Analyst, Shiju Koothupalakkal from Prabhudas Lilladher, stated, “The stock has experienced a significant surge in the last three sessions, meeting our price targets of Rs 114 and Rs 126. With a maintained bullish bias, we expect further upward movement towards the targets of Rs 148-164. The stock’s immediate support lies at the Rs 125 zone, and a breach below Rs 114 would weaken the overall trend.”
Ravi Singh, the Founder of DRS Finvest, predicts that the stock may reach Rs 150 in the near future, but advises placing a strict stop loss at Rs 120.
AR Ramachandran from Tips2trades mentions that while IRFC is currently bullish, it is also overbought on daily charts. He suggests investors to book profits at the current levels, as a close below the support level of Rs 120 could lead to a target of Rs 99 in the short term.
Analysts attribute the sharp gains of railway counters, including IRFC, to the anticipation of a record allocation for the sector in the upcoming budget. Vishal Periwal, the Sector Analyst (Infra) at IDBI Capital, explains that railway stocks are witnessing significant gains due to expectations of increased government spending.
IRFC’s trading volumes on BSE reached 3.15 crore shares, well above the two-week average volume of 1.09 crore shares. The turnover on the counter amounted to Rs 403.59 crore, establishing a market capitalization (m-cap) of Rs 1,70,883.78 crore.
Note: This news article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. It is always recommended to consult with a qualified financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal
- Spanish Woman Gang-Raped in Jharkhand Sparks Outrage and Calls for Stronger Safety Measures for Tourists
- OKC Thunder Sticking to Their Unconventional Identity
- Denver Broncos Release Russell Wilson After Disappointing Stint
- Ozzy Osbourne on the Evolution of Heavy Metal: A Mentor’s Perspective
- Reality TV Star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Shake Things Up in Celebrity Big Brother 2024
- Coronation Street Actor Colson Smith Enters Celebrity Big Brother House