UCLA has appointed a program legend and long-serving assistant, Deshaun Foster, as the new head coach following the departure of Chip Kelly just a few days ago. Foster’s return to UCLA, where he previously played as a running back and later coached under Jim L. Mora and Kelly, comes after a brief tenure as the running backs coach for the Las Vegas Raiders.
Foster, who was inducted into the UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame in 2022, boasts an impressive collegiate career with the Bruins from 1998 to 2001, tallying 44 touchdowns and 3,129 rushing yards – ranking among the top three in program history. Following seven seasons in the NFL, Foster transitioned to coaching at his alma mater in 2013 and solidified his role with the Bruins, primarily serving as the running backs coach through the 2023 season.
While concerns may arise regarding Foster’s lack of head coaching experience, his illustrious tenure at UCLA cements his reputation as one of the nation’s premier assistant coaches. Under Foster’s guidance, the Bruins boasted a line of 1,000-yard rushers and saw success with NFL picks like Joshua Kelley and Zach Charbonnet.
Chip Kelly’s last-minute departure put UCLA in a tough position, impacting their recruiting efforts and roster stability. Despite this, Foster’s return could inject a vigor needed to revive the program. As a personable and respected figure with proven recruiting acumen, Foster is poised to elevate UCLA’s standing and provide fresh energy to the team.
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions