A massive explosion rocked a factory in Harda, causing widespread devastation and claiming multiple lives. The explosion occurred due to the ignition of a gunpowder stockpile which was being stored in the basement of the factory. The impact of the blast was so powerful that it caused the ground to tremor and resulted in a shower of debris and stones.
The main reason behind the magnitude of the explosion was the improper use of the factory’s basement as a storage facility, resembling a warehouse. The basement housed over a thousand kilograms of gunpowder, which acted as a massive bomb when ignited. The foundation of the three-story building was shattered, and debris rained down from the collapsed walls and roof, causing fatal injuries to the people in the vicinity.
The fire brigade personnel, who were involved in extinguishing the blaze at the factory, stated that the regulations dictate a designated area of at least 25 square meters for storing 15 kilograms of explosive substances. Additionally, the storage area should be on the ground level. However, in the Harda factory, the basement was being used to stockpile gunpowder, breaching the safety regulations.
The excavator operator responsible for digging in the basement area of the storage section noticed yellowish residue during the excavation, indicating the presence of a potentially dangerous substance.
- Gospel Artist Moses Bliss Marries Ghanaian Fiancée Marie in Court Wedding
- Yahoo Mail App Experiences Widespread Outage, Users Struggle to Access Accounts
- Tom Daley Writes Heartfelt Open Letter to Husband Following Court Case Saga
- Bill Gates Visits Maa Mangla Basti in Bhubaneswar, Interacts with Residents
- Star-Studded Screening: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao’s Laapataa Ladies Draws Bollywood Celebrities
- Kieran Trippier Addresses Bayern Munich Transfer Rumors in BBC Interview
- Melbourne Demons Shine in Pre-Season Showdown Against Carlton Blues
- Tasmania JackJumpers, Illawarra Hawks, and Sydney Kings Set for NBL Play-In Showdowns
- Siyabonga Nomvethe’s PSL Goal Record Under Threat from Shalulile and Grobler
- Ex-MP Jaya Prada Declared as Absconder by UP Court in Election Violation Cases
- Feudal Japan Set to Collide with Western Powers in Epic Series ‘Shogun’
- Matildas Face Marvel Stadium Challenge After P!nk Concert
- Matildas on Verge of Olympic Qualification: Seeking Paris Success
- Lagos State Government to Close Third Mainland Bridge for 24 Hours for Major Repair Works
- Kentucky to Face Arkansas in SEC Men’s Basketball Showdown
- Rebecca Ferguson Opens Up About On-Set Challenges with Former Co-Star: A Lesson Learned
- Premier Danielle Smith Condemns David Parker’s Bullying Comments and Calls for Help
- Olympique Lyon Secures Victory Against RC Lens in Ligue 1 Matchup
- Real Sociedad Reaches Copa del Rey Final in Historic Match Against Mallorca
- Max Strus Hits Jaw-Dropping Buzzer-Beater to Secure Cleveland Cavaliers’ Thrilling Victory