A magnitude 3.2 earthquake occurred off the coast of San Francisco on Friday afternoon, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The quake, initially reported as a 3.4, struck at 1:32 p.m. with the epicenter located approximately three miles west of Fort Funston. More than 2,000 people reported feeling the shaking, with reports coming in from various locations including San Francisco, Daly City, Pacifica, and San Bruno on the Peninsula.
Shaking was also reported as far away as the North Bay and East Bay. Jennifer Drennan, a schoolteacher in Daly City, described the experience as a small jolt followed by rattling and shaking. Although some books fell in their campus library, there was no structural damage or injuries reported.
No immediate reports of damage or injuries were received from this earthquake. It is noteworthy that this quake occurred just hours after another quake in the region earlier in the day, which also did not cause any harm.
CBS News Bay Area provided coverage of this seismic event.
- BJP President JP Nadda Resigns from Himachal Pradesh Rajya Sabha Seat and Continues from Gujarat
- Inter Maintain Dominance with Victory Over Genoa
- Empowering Events for Women’s History Month Celebrations at University
- Former United Nations Official Calls for Immediate Action on Climate Change
- Garry Monk Appointed as Cambridge United Head Coach on Long-term Contract
- FBI Deputy Director Mark F. Giuliano Dies at 62; Guided Key Investigations During Career
- Late Goal Drama: Shamrock Rovers and Derry City Share Points in League of Ireland Thriller
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Celebrates National Safety Day with Focus on Environment and Social Governance Excellence
- The Battle Over Book Bans: ’60 Minutes’ Confronts Moms for Liberty Co-Founders
- Heartstopper Star Bradley Riches Shakes Up Celebrity Big Brother House
- TV Presenter Zeze Millz Enters Celebrity Big Brother House: A Closer Look at the Multifaceted Star
- Real Housewives of Cheshire Star Lauren Simon Reveals Shocking Encounter with a Ghost
- Fern Britton Prepares to Address Past Feud with Phillip Schofield in Celebrity Big Brother House
- George Galloway Vows to Target Labour Deputy Leader’s Seat in Parliament
- Remembering John Candy: 30 Years Since the Iconic Actor’s Passing
- Simon Kennedy Wins Liberal Preselection in Cook Following Scott Morrison’s Resignation
- Matildas Set to Clash with China at Adelaide Oval in Pre-Olympics Friendly
- Engineering Innovation in Sustainable Development at ORR
- Abia Warriors Secure Victory Over Kano Pillars in NPFL Match
- Osasuna’s Budimir Secures 1-0 Victory Against Alaves with Late Goal