Liverpool Football Club has announced a generous donation of £57,000 to aid local organisations by providing staff training opportunities, ensuring the sustainability of their businesses. This initiative is part of LFC’s Levy Initiative Scheme, which has already contributed over £270,000 to support various Liverpool City Region entities by utilizing unused apprenticeship levy funds to enhance staff training and skills.
Among the beneficiaries of the levy are notable organizations such as Rotunda, Nugent Care, Positive Futures North Liverpool, Park View Care Home, and Homebaked, each offering valuable services ranging from youth development to healthcare and education for communities within the region’s local authorities. With more than 50 individuals benefiting from apprenticeship training through the initiative, Liverpool FC’s commitment to local upskilling is evident.
As the nation celebrates National Apprenticeship Week under the theme ‘Skills for Life,’ Matt Parish, the chief executive of LFC Foundation, expressed the positive impact of the donations in the local community. Parish encouraged small businesses and charities in the Liverpool City Region to take advantage of the scheme, emphasizing the importance of staff training for organizational growth.
Kean Mason-Buckley, the operations manager of Park View Care Home, one of the recent beneficiaries, highlighted their plan to invest in staff qualifications using the levy donation. This initiative aims to enhance the quality of care provided by the home, while also creating job opportunities and offering support to those in need within the community.
The Apprenticeship Levy, managed by the UK government, is a resource available to businesses with an annual salary bill exceeding £3 million. Through the LFC Levy Initiative Scheme, up to 25% of unused levy funds can be transferred to other local businesses or charities, promoting skills development and workforce enhancement across the Liverpool City Region. Applications for funding are open year-round, welcoming all eligible entities to apply.
- Spanish Woman Gang-Raped in Jharkhand Sparks Outrage and Calls for Stronger Safety Measures for Tourists
- OKC Thunder Sticking to Their Unconventional Identity
- Denver Broncos Release Russell Wilson After Disappointing Stint
- Ozzy Osbourne on the Evolution of Heavy Metal: A Mentor’s Perspective
- Reality TV Star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Shake Things Up in Celebrity Big Brother 2024
- Coronation Street Actor Colson Smith Enters Celebrity Big Brother House
- Sharon Osbourne Makes Explosive Entrance into Celebrity Big Brother House
- Celebrity Big Brother 2024: Kate Middleton’s Uncle Joins Star-Studded Lineup
- Nikki Haley Secures First Primary Win Over Trump in Symbolic Victory
- Bitcoin Rally Continues as Interest Rates, Halving Event Spark Debate Among Experts
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff