The Nitish Kumar-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in Bihar is preparing for a crucial floor test in the state assembly to prove its majority. The ruling Janata Dal-United (JD(U)), in a coalition with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Hindustani Awam Morcha-Secular (HAM-S), is facing concerns over the absence of some MLAs during recent key meetings.
Concerns escalated as three JD(U) MLAs were absent from crucial legislators’ meetings held in Patna, fueling speculation of potential defections. The NDA alliance, with support from an independent MLA, comprises 128 members, just above the majority mark in the 243-member Bihar assembly.
Nitish Kumar, who recently re-aligned with the BJP-led NDA after leaving the Mahagathbandhan, is set to face the trust vote. The trust vote is significant as it follows his oath as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the ninth time. Amidst the political huddles and shifting alliances, JD(U) leaders like Rajiv Ranjan Prasad and Manoj Jha have expressed confidence in winning the majority.
Key political figures such as Tejashwi Yadav of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) have been actively involved in the preparations for the floor test. Division among the opposition parties, including the RJD, Congress, and Left parties, presents a challenge to the stability of the NDA government.
As the day of the floor test dawns, MLAs from various parties have been seen arriving at the Bihar Assembly premises. BJP leaders like Samrat Choudhary and Vijay Kumar Sinha have exuded confidence in the NDA’s victory in the trust vote. The political landscape in Bihar is rife with anticipation and tension as the fate of the government hangs in the balance.
- University of Pretoria Offers Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa
- Investigative Report Unveils Allegations Against Jay Shetty’s Past and Practices
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Sanchez and Augusto in Starting XI
- Measles Outbreak Prompts Urgent Vaccination Warnings in Canada
- Former AL MVP Josh Donaldson Announces Retirement After 13-year Career
- Nintendo Emulator Yuzu Halts Operations After Settlement with Nintendo
- Rougeole: Une dizaine de cas confirmés au Québec, rappel à la vaccination
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets