Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ashok Chavan has dealt a massive blow to the Congress party by resigning from his position. He has also submitted his resignation from his post as a Member of the Legislative Assembly. There are speculations that Chavan might now join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Currently, there are two to four Congress legislators alongside Ashok Chavan who might switch to the BJP. Even some Congress municipal councillors are rumored to be joining the BJP. It is possible that the BJP might send Ashok Chavan to the Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra.
According to sources, Ashok Chavan was unhappy with the Maharashtra Congress President Nana Patole. They had differences as Chavan was asked to contest the Lok Sabha elections, a proposal he declined. He viewed the wave of the BJP favorably.
It was speculated that Ashok Chavan was upset with Nana Patole even for resigning from the post of Assembly Speaker, believing that it was due to Patole that the government in Maharashtra fell. Sources mentioned that Ashok Chavan had suggested to the party high command that Nana Patole should be removed from the Speaker post and made the Maharashtra Congress President.
As Nana Patole left for Delhi amidst Ashok Chavan’s resignation, it’s now anticipated that two to four other Congress MLAs along with Chavan might also switch parties.
- Telangana CM Seeks PM Modi’s Support for State Development
- Business Mogul Dangote Names Major Road After Late Banking Icon Herbert Wigwe
- South Western Railway Launches Anti-Abuse Campaign After Verbal Assaults on Staff
- Texas Considers Year-Round Daylight Saving Time: What You Need to Know
- Euro Area Bank Interest Rates Show Varied Trends in January 2024
- Matildas Captain Sam Kerr to Stand Trial for Racially Aggravated Harassment
- Naira to Dollar Black Market (Bureau De Change) Exchange Rate Today
- March Madness and Vasectomies: The Trend of Vas-Madness
- Arsenal Dominate in Premier League Clash Against Sheffield United
- Darts Commentator and Bullseye Host Tony Green Dies at 85 After Battle with Alzheimer’s
- Jason Kelce Announces Retirement After 13 Seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Sydney Sweeney’s Fiancé: All You Need to Know
- Gold Prices Hit Three-Month Peak on Rate Cut Bets
- Ceiling of Ambience Mall Collapses in Vasant Kunj, No Injuries Reported
- Inter Milan Dominate Genoa in Serie A Clash: Martinez Shines with Double
- Soo Greyhounds Dominate Sarnia Sting with Power Play Surge
- Super Tuesday Showdown: Nikki Haley Faces Uphill Battle Against Donald Trump
- Government Increases General Levy Rates Following Consultation Feedback
- Investment Initiative Launches Campaign Against Modern Slavery in UK Companies
- NHL Trade Deadline Looms: Playoff Contenders Eye Key Acquisitions