Instagram has recently launched a new feature called ‘Flipside’ to a selected group of users, aiming to encourage more private sharing on the platform. This move comes as social media apps have observed a shift towards smaller, more exclusive engagement communities.
The ‘Flipside’ option creates an alternative profile space that is accessible only to the user and their chosen connections. Users can set their Flipside as the audience for their posts, ensuring that these updates are only visible within that space. Additionally, users can visit their Flipside profile gallery, where they can add a new profile name and picture, if desired.
The surge in private interactions, like direct messaging, and a decline in posting on the main feed prompted Instagram’s chief, Adam Mosseri, to acknowledge this trend back in 2022. As a response, Instagram has implemented various features such as Close Friends lists, which enable sharing posts with specific users, and Topics, which allow users to follow high-profile accounts.
‘Flipside’ expands on these efforts by Instagram, allowing users to establish different personas within the app. The feature caters particularly to younger users, crucial to Instagram’s strategy as they increasingly gravitate towards TikTok and Snapchat.
It remains to be seen whether ‘Flipside’ will be a success, but it aligns with the ongoing trend of fostering more engagement within private circles. Currently, the feature is not available to all users in all regions, indicating a gradual rollout.
Instagram will continue monitoring the progress and introduce updates accordingly.
- LA Galaxy Defeated in Preseason Match Against FC Miami City in La Manga Tournament
- Lily Gladstone Makes History with SAG Award Win for Best Actress
- Late Penalty Equalizer Secures Draw for PSG Against Rennes
- Porto Held to a 1-1 Draw by Gil Vicente After Late Equaliser
- Thrilling Finish as Suarez Edges Out Busch and Blaney in NASCAR Cup Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Canadian Actor Chris Gauthier Passes Away at 48, Remembered Fondly by Colleagues
- Rookie Golfer Jake Knapp Clinches First PGA Tour Win at Mexico Open
- Calgary Flames 2024 Rebuild Showing Remarkable Progress from 2013
- Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses Highlights Importance of Fast Start to NRL Season
- Former NFL Star Cam Newton Involved in Altercation at Youth Football Camp in Atlanta
- Succession: Exploring Logan Roy’s Most Memorable Moments in HBO’s Hit Drama
- Chris Chelios’ Emotional Jersey Retirement Ceremony at United Center
- Ottawa Sens Foundation Program Introduces Kids to Ice Skating at Canadian Tire Centre
- Truman Capote’s Literary Legacy: A Closer Look at His Iconic Works
- Phoenix Suns Look to Extend Home Winning Streak Against LA Lakers in Pacific Division Showdown
- Star Trek Actor Kenneth Mitchell Dies at 49 After Battling ALS for Over Five Years
- Navigating Freelance Taxation: Essential Tips for New Freelancers in 2024
- Ottawa Senators’ Chabot Excels on the Ice Against Tampa Bay Lightning
- Pennsylvania’s Pine Creek Gorge: The State’s Hidden Gem
- Former TV Presenter and Flight Attendant Feared Dead in Alleged Shooting Incident